1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Friday WAYWRN Challenge 11/5/10 : As decided by bleachboy.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Oct 31, 2010.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Great Vox. Now my surprise is ruined.

4. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

One color... damn that's going to be tough.

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

This was also one of my ideas.

Question though. Do you have to wear a shirt that is the same color, or can you wear a white shirt?

Mike

6. SpooPoker

I'll let BB field technical q's. But I would think everything.

7. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Yeah, all one color. You can wear a white shirt if your color is white. [​IMG]

8. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Yeah, all one color. You can wear a white shirt if your color is white. [​IMG]

Good fucking lord. This will not be easy. [​IMG]

Mike

9. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

What about accessories? Like... bracelets [​IMG]

10. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Patterned suit, or solid only?

Mike

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of brown and grey, Spoo in a lot of blue (only guy with blue shoes) and maybe a surprise color like red. who knows, maybe black will even show up! (not a criticism or anything, just a laugh. I'm expecting a bunch of guys in grey and brown next week!) here's the only WAYW pic I've seen with this: [​IMG]

12. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of brown, Spoo in a lot of blue (only guy with blue shoes) and maybe a surprise color like red. who knows, maybe black will even show up!

Do the shoes have to be the same color too? [​IMG]

We need some ground rules BB.

Mike

13. SpooPoker

What about accessories? Like... bracelets [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spoo in a lot of blue

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

(only guy with blue shoes)

not the only one...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

15. Horatio

Horatio Senior member

16. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Nice one BB, I'm getting my Canadian tuxedo ready!

17. Wideknot

Wideknot Senior member

Is gray = light black? If so, I might play.

18. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Okay, so let's lay down some details, I guess.

Colors must be in the same color family. For example, Navy blue, royal blue, sky blue, and midnight blue.

Black, white, and gray are in the same color family.

Shoes, belts, watches, cufflinks, bracelets, and other accessories do not have to match, but bonus points should be awarded if they do!

19. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

^^ whew. Thought I'd have to bust out the face paint. Lucky for me my suit is peach, slightly ruddy.

20. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Can I just post a desaturated photograph? [​IMG] Unless one goes black/white/grey (in practice, a re-run of the black challenge of a few weeks ago) or all-blue, this is actually really difficult to do because you can't use checked or striped shirts of your chosen colour (because of the white background). olddog sometimes goes (nearly)-monochromatic in his looks in some unusual colours but it works because his shirts have often have a white background and the ties and square have another accent colour. One single colour with no white is nearly impossible to do well without going either all B&W/grey or all blue. I suppose all white might just be possible (white jumper, white flannels) but it's pretty weird look. Not that this generally stops us on SF, but still. [​IMG] Interesting challenge!