1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Friday WAYWRN Challenge 11/19/10 - As decided by UrbanComposition....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Nov 14, 2010.

1. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

oh, the horror - the dad jeans...[​IMG]

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

The phrase that we prefer in MC is, "jean pants."

- B

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I have non-Dad jeans...but they require that I go commando and use a pliars to zip up.

I am sure Reggs will approve. [​IMG]

Mike

4. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

When I opened the thread I thought it was going to be a "dress like your favorite politician contest".

5. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Are white Kiton jeans SW&D approved?

6. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I sincerely doubt that. [​IMG]

Mike

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I sincerely doubt that. [​IMG]

Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. voxsartoria

When I opened the thread I thought it was going to be a "dress like your favorite politician contest".

Nice avatar.

- B

9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Street enough for ya? I heard that patch pocket jackets and two-eyelet shoes are all the rage with the kids when they go "casual". [​IMG]

10. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Only when combined with a ludicrously unbelievable age-defying blue-black dye job. [​IMG]

11. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

I am hopeful for TC Houston in his 7FAMs.

- B

I don't know what you are talking about but I may bust out my Sears Roebuck blue jean pants, they are quite comfortable with the everstretch waistband.

12. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

I don't know what you are talking about but I may bust out my Sears Roebuck blue jean pants, they are quite comfortable with the everstretch waistband.

Hemmed to show 2" of white socks and paired with all white or better yet, all black walking Reeboks....

13. tropics

tropics Senior member

Come on, surely you have opinions about blue jeans? Which are the best jeans? Well, they're not a terribly interesting topic. If you like them, wear them, otherwise don't. Next topic. Nevertheless, I enjoy wearing them. You can get a great jeans from Costco for less than a small steak (and tap water) at Longhorns. For the cost of sixty plus pairs of Costco jeans will get one a pair of Kiton jeans, for instance. I've have found them both to be great jeans. I usually give my dad two pairs of unwashed--hard--Levi jeans for his birthday which often necessitated going to the horse supply store to find his odd size. Recently, he wanted to update my ignorance to know that Levi's makes jeans that are soften and prewashed, and he would much prefer those jeans.

14. FStyles

FStyles Senior member

Come on, surely you have opinions about blue jeans? Which are the best jeans?

Well, they're not a terribly interesting topic. If you like them, wear them, otherwise don't. Next topic. Nevertheless, I enjoy wearing them. You can get a great jeans from Costco for less than a small steak (and tap water) at Longhorns. For the cost of sixty plus pairs of Costco jeans will get one a pair of Kiton jeans, for instance. I've have found them both to be great jeans. I usually give my dad two pairs of unwashed--hard--Levi jeans for his birthday which often necessitated going to the horse supply store to find his odd size. Recently, he wanted to update my ignorance to know that Levi's makes jeans that are soften and prewashed, and he would much prefer those jeans.

[​IMG]

15. voxsartoria

I would like to see someone try to top this Sears jean pants look:

[​IMG]

- B

16. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

I think, although I will let UC answer - that we should spy on the SW&D WAYWRN for "inspiration".
    I have already removed ribs, narrowed my Levi's to a 4" cuff opening, and bought some Rick Owens at C21. Its on bitchas.

Don't forget your BMX bike and (paint spattered) Fedora for full Williamsburg hipster points

The phrase that we prefer in MC is, "jean pants."
    - B

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    Bonus points for aquatic sculpture incusion

Nice avatar.
    - B

+1

17. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

For this challenge, jeans aren't necessary - but it's definitely not a "business casual" look. So whereas you can dress down a tie, you can't dress down slacks.

I can't believe I just typed "slacks."

18. tropics

tropics Senior member

19. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

I would like to see someone try to top this Sears jean pants look: [​IMG] - B
    The toughness of new Toughskins (and the JC Penney's counterparts) was the reason I ditched jeans entirely during a good part of the 80's and substituted them for neon colored OP and Hang Ten cotton pants. Thanks, mom.

20. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

For this challenge, jeans aren't necessary - but it's definitely not a "business casual" look. So whereas you can dress down a tie, you can't dress down slacks.

I can't believe I just typed "slacks."

So how is this different from the other challenge from a few weeks again?