• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Friday Challenge : Your favorite Oxford shirt

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the good Inspector said to those who post on the SW&D thread called ‘The Look Goes On’, the OCBD is part of our heritage. For me it formed a key part of the look that emerged around 1970 in Britain and which was formed by combining elements of Ivy League and continental Europe with the ‘English Gent’. We called it suedehead on account of the grown-out crop that accompanied the look.

But I have not really been a fan of the OCBD since that time, especially with a tie. So, my favourite Oxford shirt at the moment is something of a no-no really – a fairly classic white shirt with double cuffs from Harvie & Hudson but made from a robust Oxford fabric.

Here it is

J2 Sozzi deets.JPG

J2 Sozzi Skagen.jpg

J2 Sozzi grin.JPG

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
Alright, it’s the morning of October 12th local time. I realize this one from drakes is easily my favorite, seeing how I’ve ordered two identical ones.
Reasons are pretty straight forward: it’s a good fabric (reminding me of that 10 year old BB) has a decent roll and has excellent construction. I can do virtually anything and have it remained tucked, with no box pleat in the back.
62EF7A23-E7F6-4E59-88E4-D7505A86476E.jpeg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Giving the unbuttoned thing a go. I find myself picking this pink Spier often. It is a nice challenge to match the tie. The strength of the colour makes it a more casual shirt which is why it is (I think) my only striped OCBD, the rest being the usual light blue etc.

1570870309996.png

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED

THE POLL IS UP :

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.