• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge, the first for 2022 - Suited and Booted

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another not-likely-to-trouble-the-top entry, because I happen to be wearing a very casual suit, and I had to go out to the post office, so I put some boots and that made me remember where I'd been reading about suits and boots recently...

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

Suit / set-up: 1st PAT-RN
Boots: MTM from Junkard
Turtleneck: Martina Barletta
Hat: 45rpm
Gloves: Abraham Moon
Scarf: no idea
Coat in first pic: J-Crew (not what I would really want to wear with this but apparently I have a large coat arriving soon courtesy of the Styleforum charity auction and NMWA...)

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my entry. I enjoyed the ensemble I used to for delivering a keynote speech at a recent conference. Button boots are fun; I have never seen another one in the wild. I know that it is not needed, but to prove that I am using this combo today, I attach my work card in one of the pics. It has the daily sticker with today's date. The sticker is handed out by one of the security guards upon checking our green travel code (all the technology to allow test and trace so in the end one gets a paper sticker). As you can also see, I am posting from the future, as it is Jan 12 in Asia, but Jan 11 for most of you.
IMG_4448.jpg

0Top4.jpg

0Top1.jpg
0Top3.jpg
IMG_4907 (1).jpg
IMG_4910.jpg
IMG_4912.jpg
IMG_4913.jpg

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was invited to an event at the weekend that my mate was hosting. He said ‘it’s sixties themed’ - right up my street I thought, so with ‘suited and booted’ in mind …
0BA07116-14C6-45FB-BB12-D6B6A98B978B.jpeg

I had no idea until I got there that it was in fact Austin Powers themed and that I was inadvertently channelling Number Two!
637AA938-EDE4-472C-9134-D6B79F280F1C.jpeg

Really wish I’d found an eye patch from somewhere to complete the look. Anyway, a close up to show I was indeed ‘booted’ …

2A3BDC69-11CE-4B68-899D-FA4888700FEA.jpeg

Sunglasses - Leisure Society Cortez
Suit - Thick As Thieves wool mohair
Roll neck - Tyrwhitt
Chelsea boots - Arthur Knight

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads