• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge : The Chelsea style boots

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The Chelsea style boot is a men's staple. I say style as I include side-zip boots, Jodphur boots, Dealer boots, Cuban heels, etc., as long as it is low to ankle boots and not lace-ups.
They are versatile, timeless, sleek, and can be dressed up or down. They can be in any type of leather or suede.
You will have to wear them in an outfit that can be CM, CM casual, or SW&D. You can post several pictures, but we need to see the outfit (not your face though, if you don't want to), not only the boots, i won't qualify "only boots" pictures.
If you have a little story about your boots, where they come from, who made them, a special memory etc., we will be glad to hear.
You can post several entries, but you will have to choose only one for the poll.

Entries deadline : 5 june 2022

David.jpg

Jimmy.jpg

Bob.jpg

Andy.jpg

@EFV
EFV.jpeg

@RegisDB9
Regis 1.jpeg

Regis 2.jpeg

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Damn even I didn’t have that pic anymore haha

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
…a new floor and a good 60lbs before

1652973650865.jpeg

Toddler permitting I’ll participate

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
98a994b5be336c1198cd273addde40e6.jpg

b7cc27f4497d221db4afa3ba6ff0d4e7.jpg

A short tale of these Chelsea boots.

I bought my “Carlos Nieto” Chelsea boots in January 2017. I loved their very deep chocolate suede colour, with a wonderful nap and touch, as shown in their maiden voyage day.

f4e22051e554397281ebfeeb47c0391d.jpg

With my shoe rotation, they were very well kept until the unfortunate day when they received some oil drops while I was helping in the kitchen. I didn’t realize the mishap until later on, so I couldn’t sprinkle the stain with some baby powder or cornstarch to absorb the oil, which had created a few ugly patches on the top of my boots.

I tried all sorts of tricks, suede cleaning solutions, suede shampoos, brushes, erasers. I even bought colour sprays to mimic the stains. The fact was that I felt that they were deteriorating with so many brushes, erasers and cleaning compounds....

5b52888f5df761352de7b05c7136b618.jpg

So, I decided to convert the fragile suede Chelsea in a pair of boots that I could use without restriction under the rain or in any harsh situation with a radical appearance change: I applied Sno-Seal, that I had used before with my Pimlico chukkas, in this case over the suede for a homemade waxed effect, whose result I imagined although it was still an experiment that could end in total botch...

Their appearance changed radically, nothing to do with the chocolate suede that I enjoyed during years. Now they have an aspect that reminds me of a newly waxed Barbour, with some shine but at the same time mate colour, with a "rough" texture, that I have enjoyed during many rainy days.

1a19d7c7390f5e1c67a1700de32add32.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads