• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Friday Challenge : The Blouson (or 'Harrington')

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too right I wouldn't.

I may have seen elderly persons in every shade of taupe/beige/cream, but I have never ever seen anyone 'geriatric' in a G9! And that's flat! I have a vintage G9 in stone, and I wear it everywhere. The trick with that colour is to wear dark blue with it.

Oh, I said I wear it everywhere. There's one exception - St Andrews! I never wear it to university, because I'd look too much like a bloody golfer in it.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
re the 1970 pic, what's more interesting is the American sports shirt I'm wearing - straight out of the Squire Shop!
I think it's a great Harrington-Shirt combo as the check of the shirt works with the check of the Harrington lining, and that's a Challenge !

I also find interesting that the Grenfell is in a color approaching the one of your 70s Harrington.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's one reason I picked it. Green was my eccentricity when I was a lad, where everyone else seemed to go for blue. I had a green surfer in 1968, with a red and white stripe down each sleeve. And when Harringtons came in (again, in or around 69) I went straight for a green one.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Not an entry, but i went this morning to the Fred Perry shop (to try one of their Harringtons) wearing a…Baracuta

FP shop (1).jpg

It was a bit chilly, so knitwear and scarf.

Fred Perry sells nice Harringtons.
Amy liked them, and looked quite good...

Fred-Perry-Harrington-Amy.jpg

Amy FP.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these garments never fail to make everyone look dumpy.

This truly will be a challenge.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
More inspiration, different styles...

JB.jpg
Daniel Craig as James Bond

Paul.jpg
Paul Weller

Martin.jpg
Martin Freeman wearing a baggy version, but with a Paisley lining

Jerrod Swanton.jpg
Ivy League Look Enthusiast and Ex-Blogger Jerrod Swanton

Thierry henry.jpg
French Football player (now Coach) Thierry Henry

Fraser.jpeg
No, he is not wearing his inside-out, they sold it like that !

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.