• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Friday Challenge - Spring Has Sprung

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, it's finally here. I'm sure you've had a chance to pack away your tweeds and pull out the linen by now, and are getting used to that lovely time of year that San Francisco calls every day. Personally I'd like it to be a bit warmer, say 75F or 30C, but shorts weather will come soon enough. Spring has sprung, and it's time to transition. Let's make this last till next Friday.

I'd like to say I'm looking for spring colors, but that's a bit narrow. Since it's not too hot, it's a great time to layer, wear lighter weight linen or cotton sweaters, or throw on a print shirt under a suit. Just do your best spring look and let the people decide. Here's some looks I've dug up for inspiration:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man... wish I was able to kop that floral shirt from NMWA.

coldsalmon

Reaction score
Blue is favorable for casual fits as white is seen as formal. I got that comment from several people. Always thought it was silly.
I always understood that as a CBD-related standard of formality, and a rough rule of thumb for beginners. I.e. white is more formal when you're trying to be formal, and if you're trying to loosen up and be casual, white might also work. But, white can end up looking too formal sometimes, so if you're a beginner maybe think twice before wearing a white shirt with a more casual jacket.

To my own limited beginner eye, solid white shirts look fantastic without ties almost always, but the danger of being overly formal becomes much greater if you wear a tie.

This is just some stuff I made up based on how things look to me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's