• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Friday Challenge: Smart with a face mask ?

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like the brooks brothers masks? I just ordered some. Cant argue with the price.
Nice so far. They seem a bit delicate thus the hand wash/air dry instructions but soft and easy to breath/talk through. I’ll take them at their word for the filtering qualities.

I sent packs to both my kids so they would have enough to cycle through during the week.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Nice so far. They seem a bit delicate thus the hand wash/air dry instructions but soft and easy to breath/talk through. I’ll take them at their word for the filtering qualities.

I sent packs to both my kids so they would have enough to cycle through during the week.
I figure at the price for the brooks brothers, they might be a bit more disposable than others. But that's fine to me. They are so light in color that they will probably get dirty at some point too, so treat them more like an undershirt I guess.

I did order some masks from kirby allison and huntsman that I view more as longer term work accessories.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You can play. There is nothing commercial in a Friday Challenge.
But only one fit per participant.
Tell me which one is your entry, or i will choose one myself among your different fits.

BTW when there are several pictures for the same entry/fit, i will select only one for the poll thread. If you prefer one, let me know.
thanks but in all fairness none of those pictures are me, they are shots we took for the ecommerce site and another project im working on.

If I decide to participate Ill just take shots of myself with my masks on as I wear everyday.
In other News, my company 5MMASK.com will be outfitting the entire NYPD in Brooklyn with face masks

arakeinprogress

Reaction score
This is one of the Martin Greenfield masks from the Styleforum shoppers guide.

Here's my official entry (I've put the other mask colors in spoilers):
_DSC0021.jpg

Also recently typed up my thoughts on the mask, including pictures of the lining and fastening on the blog, if you're interested.

_DSC9873.jpg

_DSC9886.jpg

_DSC9986.jpg

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had an old sports coat with significant issues, not fit even for Goodwill. My wife was able to make a couple masks from it. As a bonus, I learned a lot about garment construction as I dissembled it.
71025E86-F5D8-41FB-9AC2-7A0AA27B56F1.jpeg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
not my entry. (from March?)
SnowCamofozzyfit.jpg

some new masks in the making. .

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.