• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE OCTOBER 13TH - Polo Madness

Marco?

• Gerry Nelson

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • EFV

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • archibaldleach

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen

Reaction score
**** Not multiple choice ****

Get your polo game on! If it's cold outside, wear a polo neck (turtleneck) and if it's warm outside, wear a polo shirt (fine knit, piqué etc. long or short sleeve). Suit or sport coat is mandatory.

The rules:

- Outfit has to be worn this week.
- You have to wear either a polo neck or a polo shirt with a suit/sport coat
- Has to be posted before Saturday evening Swedish time (UTC). Poll expires midnight (GMT) on Monday.

Linen, suede and a polo:

What I'm wearing today:

Inis sweater worn both as a turtleneck and slightly unzipped. Rota trousers. BB MTM jacket. Not the most flattering photos, but life goes on. Brown monks are outside the frame. Outdoor shots give a better sense of color, but camera angle was better inside.

It's a Mod thing - you wouldn't understand!

2njhrhx.jpg

28mfoqq.jpg

2v83cxd.jpg

Ray Ban / Sherry's London / No name / Fred Perry / Merc / Florsheim

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In! To be clear, it's either turtleneck or polo shirt?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, we can choose one of two completely different kinds of tops...? if I were you, @Shen , I'd specify one or the other (and not polo shirts because they're horrible...)

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Given the transitional weather around the world, Shen's compromise seems fine to me. That said, it's too hot for my "polo" neck, and I the one polo shirt I own is not really jacket compatible.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who might be wondering what a "polo shirt" is, polo shirts are clearly labelled as being polo shirts......

......if it doesn't say "polo shirt" on the label, it isn't a polo shirt. (At least, that's what I think a "polo shirt" is.)

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who might be wondering what a "polo shirt" is, polo shirts are clearly labelled as being polo shirts......

......if it doesn't say "polo shirt" on the label, it isn't a polo shirt. (At least, that's what I think a "polo shirt" is.)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For those who might be wondering what a "polo shirt" is, polo shirts are clearly labelled as being polo shirts...... ......if it doesn't say "polo shirt" on the label, it isn't a polo shirt. (At least, that's what I think a "polo shirt" is.)
Disagree. Polo shirt to me is what was posted in the description of the challenge(at least the last 2 pics.) The first 3 pics(to me) are turtlenecks.

Shen

Reaction score
The main challenge was going to be turtleneck (polo neck) and the polo shirt was meant as some sort of viable compromise.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's @Shen 's challenge, and he can do what he wants with it, and call the pieces whatever he likes, as long as we all understand what he means. I think we do.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love both turtlenecks and polos (obviously), so this challenge is right up my alley.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads