• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge November 2018 : The (smart) Trucker jacket

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'll give this a shot:

tumblr_phlpifDPjg1s5fve2o1_540.jpg

A closer look at the top block:
tumblr_phlpifDPjg1s5fve2o2_540.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Riva you should supply details (makers and fabrics). I can’t tell if your entries are suede/nubuck or cotton.
I know you like to lean towards flamboyant threads which probably doesn’t resonate too much with viewers in cold wet and grey climates but I would wear the **** out of that turquoise one here in Florida if I could get over my fear of some schmuck spilling red wine on it.

I remember going back home to northern England for Christmas in the early nineties and my mate was sporting a dark scarlet red suede Levi trucker jacket bought with his Christmas money or maybe as we were fresh out of college then he was making decent dough for the first time in his life. Anyway it was a sweet looking jacket but I’ve never seen the likes of it recently.

(Anyone looking in I have a small-fitting Medium Levi trucker in tan suede with the leather collar for sale. Barely worn. PM if interested!)

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Riva you should supply details (makers and fabrics). I can’t tell if your entries are suede/nubuck or cotton.
I know you like to lean towards flamboyant threads which probably doesn’t resonate too much with viewers in cold wet and grey climates but I would wear the **** out of that turquoise one here in Florida if I could get over my fear of some schmuck spilling red wine on it.

I remember going back home to northern England for Christmas in the early nineties and my mate was sporting a dark scarlet red suede Levi trucker jacket bought with his Christmas money or maybe as we were fresh out of college then he was making decent dough for the first time in his life. Anyway it was a sweet looking jacket but I’ve never seen the likes of it recently.

(Anyone looking in I have a small-fitting Medium Levi trucker in tan suede with the leather collar for sale. Barely worn. PM if interested!)

Done. Next we should do a bomber challenge. I can do more than 15 different colors for that inc 4 scarlet/burgundy variations. Then onto safaris!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Twelve days to go gents…

MickJagger.jpg

Mick in a Levi's Type 1 jeans jacket

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0AC5CB90-6645-45B8-87F9-481382C34388.jpeg

My humble submission. Just the clothes I wear. My old Levi type III(early ‘70s? Big E), Ratio butcher striped buttondown, navy LL Bean lambswool, smart brown Cordings cords, and(not shown) Alden all-weather walkers in heavily-patina’d tan scotch grain leather.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Officine Generale green suede trucker. I’ve got classic blue and a black denim truckers as well but this one is a bit more luxe.

View attachment 1066993

View attachment 1066992

This is probably the best entry so far, but if you read the OP again i specified that you shouldn't wear jeans. Now there is maybe an ambiguity in the way it was stated, so you qualify.

Double denim stays strictly forbidden, Jeans may only be worn with suede, leather, snakeskin ( :)) truckers only.

Gents this Challenge is on CM, so let's stay in the spirit of the 'WAYWRN: Classical Menswear, Casual style' thread please.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably the best entry so far, but if you read the OP again i specified that you shouldn't wear jeans. Now there is maybe an ambiguity in the way it was stated, so you qualify.

Double denim stays strictly forbidden, Jeans may only be worn with suede, leather, snakeskin ( :)) truckers only.

Gents this Challenge is on CM, so let's stay in the spirit of the 'WAYWRN: Classical Menswear, Casual style' thread please.

Oh come on. You mean we can only wear a trucker over our usual work attires? That'd be too easy.

Gsvs5

Reaction score
fullsizeoutput_c70.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c67.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c66.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c6f.jpeg

NOS Vietnam Ripstop Jungle Shirt
Taverniti Denim Jacket
Rockmount Ranch Western Shirt
BB Clark fit Poplin Chino
Fratelli Rossetti Oxfords

The Taverniti Jacket is from the early 80's,purchased from a shop in Old Compton Street ,long before it became the Gay Mecca of today.
Can't recall the name of the shop ,but it was very much of the Paninaro style of the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads