• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge for 2015/04/03 - Get some color in your life!

OK, which entrant best added some color to his life? Poll ends 2015/04/07 midnight GMT.

• Upr_crust

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Caustic Man

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Murlsquirl

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Bienluienapris

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Heldentenor

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Drez

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • jcmeyer

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • SYCSYC

• Chocsosa

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Betelgeuse

• Shen

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • RoSaCe

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Calypso

• Newcomer

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Coxsackie

• ImTheGroom

• brokencycle

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brokencycle

Reaction score
Some really good entries. I picked the wrong week to enter for the first time.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My attempt. Also, summer suit!

This is awsm.

SYCSYC

Reaction score
Thanks @upr_crust for the great challenge: so many awesome outfits this week.
I gave votes to @jcmeyer and @Claghorn (very sharp, although I think the picture from previous week was even better).

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I gave votes to @jcmeyer and @Claghorn (very sharp, although I think the picture from previous week was even better).

Blow it up :fistbump:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Merci, SYCSYC. It certainly engendered a lot of different entries - everyone has their own take on color. Best of luck to all the participants!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Since it is never too early to discuss next week's challenge, may I suggest a Composition Challenge, wherein we are not allowed to enter fit pics, but must, in some way, just show the clothing we are going to be wearing (focusing on the combination).

e.g.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do that kind of thing from time to time on Instagram. Gives you a chance to show textures up close with the entire fit in one frame, plus how you arrange the objects is a different artistic challenge than wearing them. You do lose the personal connection to the clothing, so although it might get some new/more people to enter it would likely be a bit less exciting to watch. My $.02. Certainly not a bad idea and there are lots of fridays.

I'd like to see "your best tie/PS combinations" (more for my own education), although, like this challenge, we probably wouldn't get anything truly out-of-the-box.

brokencycle

Reaction score

I didn't think yours was bad at all. Perhaps some better pictures would have garnered a few more votes, but there is never a wrong time to enter!

That's one of the main reasons I never enter these things. I don't have a good way to go about taking good photos most of the time. These days when I'm wearing something that I could enter, I am traveling.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of good stuff here, but I must admit that, given the Challenge Master’s mention of Easter as a motivating factor, I had been expecting a bit more Easter-Parade-level peacocking than ultimately emerged, but that’s just the connotation the word has for me personally.

I did, however, cast my vote to reward what I saw as Easterly tasteful flamboyance.

Cheers,

Ac

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of good stuff here, but I must admit that, given the Challenge Master’s mention of Easter as a motivating factor, I had been expecting a bit more Easter-Parade-level peacocking than ultimately emerged, but that’s just the connotation the word has for me personally.

I did, however, cast my vote to reward what I saw as Easterly tasteful flamboyance.

Cheers,

Ac

I also took it that way, and voted that way. I hope I achieved "tasteful!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads