• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge: Dog Days of Summer (July 02, 17)

Choose a WINNER

• OscarO

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Murlsquirl

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • StanleyVanBuren

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • upr_crust

• burnham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roycru

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • bienluienapris

• heldentenor

• MrVenneri

• Cuastic Man

• EFV

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Newcomer

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • colHolm

• Hal Freeman

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • mossrockss

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • kickstand

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Andy57

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • DiplomaticTies

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • smittycl

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • jcmeyer

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • everyday

• Michael81

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After some discussion with several members, it was decided to bring back the Friday Challenge, just in time to have some Summer fun.

This week's challenge will be broad and inclusive to get us going again. Your task is to post your best Summer fit. It can be tailored clothing or casual, since some of us (not me) abhor jackets in warm weather. Let's see those linens, cottons, frescos, and madras. Bright colors are welcome of course. Anything that captures the essence of your Summer thus far (@heldentenor you must wear a shirt)!

Entries must be from the week starting Friday the 23rd. I'll probably close the submissions and post a poll this Sunday, depending on how many participants we have. As usual, the winner will get to host next week's challenge.

Without further delay, here are your contestants.

@OscarO
enhance

@Murlsquirl
enhance

@StanleyVanBuren
enhance

@upr_crust
enhance

@burnham
enhance

@Roycru
enhance

@bienluienapris
enhance

@heldentenor
enhance

@MrVenneri
enhance

@Caustic Man
ggrs.jpg

@EFV
enhance

@Newcomer
enhance

@colHolm
enhance

@Hal Freeman
enhance

@mossrockss
enhance

@kickstand
enhance

@Andy57
enhance

@DiplomaticTies
enhance

@smittycl
enhance

@jcmeyer
enhance

@everyday
enhance

@Michael81
enhance

Last edited:

OscarO

Reaction score
After some discussion with several members, it was decided to bring back the Friday Challenge, just in time to have some Summer fun.

This week's challenge will be broad and inclusive to get us going again. Your task is to post your best Summer fit. It can be tailored clothing or casual, since some of us (not me) abhor jackets in warm weather. Let's see those linens, cottons, frescos, and madras. Bright colors are welcome of course. Anything that captures the essence of your Summer thus far (@heldentenor you must wear a shirt)!

Entries must be from the week starting Friday the 23rd. I'll probably close the submissions and post a poll this Sunday, depending on how many participants we have. As usual, the winner will get to host next week's challenge.

And now for some inspo!

View attachment 804321
@StanleyVanBuren keeping it cool in conservative colors.

View attachment 804328
@OscarO in a low contrast casual look.

View attachment 804322
@upr_crust looking good in seersucker.

View attachment 804323
@EFV looking good as always.

And finally, my entry:
View attachment 804327
Thanks for the mention! If it's alright I will add another photo, this time signed linen.
IMG_4758.JPG

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks CM for setting this up! Will venture out of my comfort zone and try something vaguely american for this one I think. I'll be back...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics