• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE-Do Something That Doctor Who Does....

.....and here's the Poll, who doing something that Doctor Who does did you like the most?

• Claghorn

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Holdfast

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Roycru

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until I received a message from Claghorn this morning, I didn't know that I was the one who did the next Friday Challenge.

I realized that I had to come up with something that was both a unique challenge and something that everyone should be able to do on short notice.

The Friday Challenge is to do something that Doctor Who does (any of the Doctors). You don't have to dress like the Doctor, you just have to do something that Doctor Who does and explain what Doctor Who thing you are doing.

I am doing what the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) does, offering Jelly Babies to a Dalek. (The part of the Dalek is being played by a Candy Store Indian and the part of the Jelly Babies is being played by two actual Jelly Babies.)

If you don't know about Doctor Who, ask around at work or wherever. Some one is sure to know about the Doctor.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i love roycru so much.
inlove.gif

+1

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks past the 50th anniversary and about a week away from the Christmas special and a new Doctor, so pretty good timing on this too.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, google image search wasn't helpful. Any good places to draw inspiration from (aside from the actual show...I don't really have the time nor the inclination to pursue that)?

(I supposed I could stand outside a police box looking an odd combination of confused and intent)

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, google image search wasn't helpful. Any good places to draw inspiration from (aside from the actual show...I don't really have the time nor the inclination to pursue that)?

(I supposed I could stand outside a police box looking an odd combination of confused and intent)

The Doctor is a somewhat silly time traveler a little over a thousand years old. Every so often, when mortally wounded, instead of dying, he regenerates into a new form. Same mind and experiences, different body. More or less as a hobby, he goes around saving worlds.

Standing in front of a police box looking confused and intent would do it. He also runs a lot.

I suppose you could also grab a recorder- the second Doctor would pull one out and play it while he was thinking. Really, I'm having a tough time thinking of things that would come across well in a photo.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roycru

Dude, you are a living legend.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
rotflmao.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, this contest is awesome enough to extend until the end of next week, just to get as many entertaining entries as possible over the holiday period. Please consider extending it, for maximum hilarity!

It's a little too mild to actually wear this particular coat & hat today but for this contest, I can put up with that. I was already wearing everything else, so I figure it counts to stretch the point. Another 4th Doctor, obviously, albeit with, ummm, errr, a sonic remote instead of a sonic screwdriver. Do I get bonus points for timeshifting myself so two of me can be in the pic?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clags, the Doctor has a tendency to dress in eccentric blends from different historical periods, all smushed together into something quite wacky. This pic should give you an idea of what his various incarnations have worn (click to enlarge):

As for what he does, well he saves the world. Sometimes, on purpose.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think I've something planned for tomorrow. I'm going to try and channel "mildly deranged befuddlement" as this is the feeling I get from most of the pictures I've found. I hope my handicap will be taken into consideration.

I also think this should be extended for a week to end on the 28th.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The inner nerd in me loves this!!
lol8[1].gif

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holdfast's idea of extending this Friday Challenge to the Friday December 28th is a splendid idea, so this Friday Challenge is extended until Friday December 28th.

I hope that I have come up with a Friday Challenge that recognizes the international nature of this group, and allows everyone to participate, no matter what the weather is like where they are, or no matter what they are doing.

You don't have to dress like the Doctor (but you can if you want), all you have to do is to do something that any of the Doctors have done.

(Spoiler Alert) I am probably going to vote for someone who goes to work with a stalk of celery pinned to his lapel. (Just the celery is enough. You don't need to wear a cricket jumper.)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holdfast's idea of extending this Friday Challenge to the Friday December 28th is a splendid idea, so this Friday Challenge is extended until Friday December 28th.
(Spoiler Alert) I am probably going to vote for someone who goes to work with a stalk of celery pinned to his lapel. (Just the celery is enough. You don't need to wear a cricket jumper.)

Yay! Thank you for the extension; hopefully my sonic "screwdriver" pose is enough for inclusion.

Would you believe, I actually went looking for a stick of celery to use in the same pose, before I just ended up using a remote. Sadly, my fridge proved far too unhealthy in its contents to yield such an item.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads