• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge : Brogues with a casual outfit

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Game day requires team colors, so purple it is!
7C766E29-F680-4081-87D1-F0C0B0141408.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is cool but if you want to put an entry we need a full length picture...
Thanks for the reminder.
I was just posting this to show something a little off the beaten path. It’s not meant to be an entry.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder.
I was just posting this to show something a little off the beaten path. It’s not meant to be an entry.
Why not make an entry?
Your shoes above would be the base for many fine casual attires.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purple...Minnesota Vikings ?
Who are the Brogues made by ?
Purple is the school color for Kansas State University. (KSU only has one official school color, which is unusual.)

These are Allen Edmonds Cronmoks. They were originally a dusty blue color. I dyed them purple myself.

WSB17

Reaction score
Purple is the school color for Kansas State University. (KSU only has one official school color, which is unusual.)

These are Allen Edmonds Cronmoks. They were originally a dusty blue color. I dyed them purple myself.
I was going to ask, nice job on the dye.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
ONE WEEK LEFT TO POST AN ENTRY

Bond Brogues.jpg

In Goldeneye, Pierce Brosnan wears casually a pair of Church’s Chetwynd Oxford Brogues.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We know that they put broguing on some of the most business-formal oxfords but their provenance is that of a country shoe so my preference is to lean towards derbies and wearing them with casual outfits mostly. I don’t like oxfords in the first place (they don’t work for my high insteps) and even though they’re fully accepted by now, I still think broguing on formal shoes is a bit of an incongruent combination. Just my opinion.

Anyway in keeping with the above here’s one of my favourite casual travel outfits when I’m heading to the northern states (in this case Buffalo NY) during cooler weather:

08845B6B-7289-4AE6-AF22-51730A195760.jpeg
F542E1F1-0AEC-4DE1-91F9-3D257EA74A51.jpeg
D0F8B816-5A01-4946-B05F-8E984BA6CC44.jpeg

Sunglasses - JMM Dealan in hickory
Jacket - Epauet NY Donegal by Southwick
Shirt - Lean Garments (RIP) oxford popover
Pocket square - The Tie Bar
Strides - Epaulet NY rust flannel
Socks - Lands End IIRC
Shoes - Allen-Edmonds McNeil shell longwings from 2010

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads