• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge April 18th 2020 - Quarantine Chic

Who wore it best?

• Pickergc

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Hamish5178

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • LiteraryBotany

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Betelgeuse

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Eli Curt

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • emptym

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • DavidLane

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Kappelan

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • afterthesuit

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alright, since I unexpectedly won the chore coat challenge I have the honour of hosting this Friday challenge. The theme is easy and very doable for almost everyone:

Show us your best WFH (working from home) outfit. What are you wearing to keep motivated when having to isolate yourself? Let’s raise the bar to at least wearing a tie. That’s the only requirement!

I don’t really have that many inspirational photos, but I think you get the idea. I give you one of my WFH outfits:
4B05491E-F260-401F-AC2E-450D3C793FA8.jpeg

challenge closes on the 18th of April.

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Mine for today, along with the book I'm teaching in today's English class online, since working from home gives us license to bend the rules:

20200407_163146.jpg 20200407_143643.jpg

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
My entry. Have some video conferences so I can't risk to turn into a meme. :lol:

If you know what I'm talking about... watch this video haha. You don't even have to know Spanish, just watch until the end. :lol:

Which makes me determined to wear trousers for my Zoom interview tomorrow XD

I'm sure the employer wouldn't care about the bar tacks or pick stitching of my trousers, but nor will they care about the stripes of my boxers : )

emptym

Reaction score
Yesterday, I let our kids go through my drawers to pass some of this time at home. My daughter came across a set of cufflinks and studs and asked me what they were for. I told her it was for a tuxedo and explained that that was what I might wear for an event when her mommy wore a long, fancy dress. She had me dig up it up from storage and put on the whole rig, except for socks. Hadn't worn it, perhaps since before she was born. Shown with slightly long shelter-in-place hair.
IMG_8042.jpeg

pickergc

Reaction score
Yesterday, I let our kids go through my drawers to pass some of this time at home. My daughter came across a set of cufflinks and studs and asked me what they were for. I told her it was for a tuxedo and explained that that was what I might wear for an event when her mommy wore a long, fancy dress. She had me dig up it up from storage and put on the whole rig, except for socks. Hadn't worn it, perhaps since before she was born. Shown with slightly long shelter-in-place hair.
View attachment 1368546
you should wear it more often!

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Self Isolation, Day 30. Today's pairing struck me as a natural selection. It's as though it just evolved out of my closet. Or it might have been survival of the fittest. This shirt and this tie seem made for each other, so I didn't have to monkey around too much.

Darwin's a 19th-century boy, but we 18th-century kids can still be starry-eyed over him. My STEM students led the discussion today, and it was delightful.

Do the things that bring you joy. Stay safe. Stay sane.

P. S.--The socks are a rose pink, not white. My apologies for the dim lighting of my study. It's great for ambience, but terrible for fashion.

Threads cited:

Shirt and linen pocket square: Grady Ervin, Charleston.
Khakis and jacket: Brooks Brothers.
Socks: Ralph Lauren.
Bowtie: R. Hanauer, from Landry's in Oxford, Mississippi.
Vintage items from eBay and various thrift stores: Alden penny loafers.
Warby Parker glasses.
Timex watch with Smart Turnout watchband.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #WFHFashion #LockDownDressUp

20200414_142426.jpg 20200414_143040.jpg 20200414_143134.jpg 20200414_142629.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads