• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 9/27/13: BROWN IS FOR FARMER

Who did "Brown is For Farmer" Best?

• Don Cologne

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Sugarbutch

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Betelgeuse

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • GMMcL

• Pingson

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • YRR92

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Holdfast

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Porcelain Monkey

• Victor Elfo

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • An Acute Style

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Kulata

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Son of Porcelain Monkey, The Revenge

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Coxaca

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • TTO

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Sharply Tailored

• Tira1

• EFV

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Upr_Crust

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THE FARMER CHALLENGE: BROWN IS FOR FARMER​
The only rule: you must wear a jacket or suit in the most plebeian of colors: [color=5E2612]BROWN![/color] So, just to be clear: Tie? OK. No tie? OK. Square/No square? Yes. Pents/No Pents: Well, hopefully pents, but I suppose that's up to you. Entries should be restricted to fits worn during this autumn season -- WHICH SHOULD BE PRETTY EASY, DUDES. Entries must be received by midnight eastern on Friday. Poll will go up Saturday morning as soon as I can break free from the shackles of domesticity, and will stay up until Monday at noon. ----------------------------------- So, here we have them, boys. Entries for Brown is for Farmer. I defer all credit for the idea, and wish all contestants luck. Don (Juan Corleone) Cologne "Closer than me to my favorite San Francisco Restaurant" Sugarbutch
"Don't say my name three times" Betelgeuse Moi
Ping
YRR92 "Dr Who?" Holdfast porcelain monkey
Victor Elfo {NOTE: On reinspection in laptop monitor, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the Donnegal is brown] "Not your average inner city schoolteacher" AAS "Coffee" kulata
Son of porcelain monkey, The Revenge
"Explanation of my Nickname is Not Fit for Prime Time Consumption" coxaca "The Master" TTO Claghorn "] SharplyTailored Tira EFV
"Crusty"

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday being tomorrow?
ffffuuuu.gif
Moar time is necessary, browns are at the tailors...

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^That's why I said the fit could be from this autumn season, as in, anytime in the last few weeks.
fing02[1].gif

I also thought the "Tuesday Challenge" had kind of an off ring.

cloud.gif
you tell me now...I'm still gonna post here next Friday once I get it back just to show you!

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subscribed. I'd be in if I could post a Saturday morning fit but sadly have to be conservative business dress tomorrow.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were I a betting man, I'd say that camel hair (in its natural color) would count as brown (albeit very light brown), and for the record, I'm in.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it! I just wore my only brown TF woven blazer yesterday and I can't repeat.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn brown jackets (or suits) three days this week already (including one of the pics in the OP), guess I have to dig deeper in my closer tomorrow and see if I can find another brown jacket. Anyway, a really cool challenge......

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads