• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge 26TH September Non Striped And Plain Challenge

Who did it best?

• Roycru

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Prince of Paisley

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Newcomer

• An Acute Style

• Ubelragazzo

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • EliodA

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • FlyingMonkey

• Cleav

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Kulata

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Academic2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nabilmust

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • GMMcL

• Betelgeuse

• EFV

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • tchoy

• Gerry Nelson

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • chososa

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the challenge for this week Non striped or plain shirt. Please put up your best fit with anything other than plain or striped shirts eg checks, gingham, Tattersall, plaids, houndstooth etc... 1) Jacket required 2) Ties are optional but preferred. 3) Fits should be from this week and not saved from your hard drive. 4) One entry only, if more than one please nominate your final submission. Gent, let's begin be creative and be bold. I'll let this run to Midnight Tuesday Australia eastern standard time since we've started late this week.
The Entries
I wore a pink, blue, and white Glen Plaid shirt today (before I even saw the Friday Challenge), so here I am having lunch and wearing a Brooks Brothers blue blazer and pink, blue, and white Glen Plaid pinpoint button down shirt, Ben Silver Churchill Dot tie, J Press polka dot belt, and Squrextraordinare pink polka dot pocket square....... (....and since somone always asks, I'm having a Chicken and Mozzarella Tartine at Le Pain Quotient on Larchmont.)
Ok, I'll bite, seeing as I wore a checked shirt this week.
Good challenge Tchoy, I'm hoping for some creative attempts as well.
Although I haven't ever submitted an entry to one of these challenges, I just took this picture yesterday, so why not! Jacket is now at the tailor to get some buttons put one :). In the picture, I am wearing a blue glenplaid shirt.
I'm in the original post, so I guess I should be in. :p
Happened to be challenge-compliant today:
My entry for this week . . .
My entry this week is just what I happened to be wearing yesterday... Deets: recently acquired early 60s vintage Ivy-style navy/teal hopsack DB; BB Black Fleece blue/grey tattershall OCBD; early 60s vintage burgundy wool knit tie; vintage floral cotton PS; tan PRL custom fit chinos; worn with (unseen) burgundy Mazarin socks and C&J snuff suede single monks.
LL
Autumn: blue herringbone tweed jacket with pleated pockets/grey flannel trousers/burgundy Bluchers. Cheers, Ac
ok here we go
Can I still play?
Well, I guess I could enter with this fit from today's tweedrun in Stockholm (we sponsored the event):
That's just too cool @EFV and with the stunning accessory of your GF this will be hard to beat. Here is my entry.
Details
Leng Bespoke suit Charles Nakle shirt Saint Crispins Rubanacci PS Henry Carter Tie
Still have two days to put in an entry if you are thinking about it. Keep them coming.
My entry:
LL
Worn yesterday for church..

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore a pink, blue, and white Glen Plaid shirt today (before I even saw the Friday Challenge), so here I am having lunch and wearing a Brooks Brothers blue blazer and pink, blue, and white Glen Plaid pinpoint button down shirt, Ben Silver Churchill Dot tie, J Press polka dot belt, and Squrextraordinare pink polka dot pocket square.......

(....and since somone always asks, I'm having a Chicken and Mozzarella Tartine at Le Pain Quotient on Larchmont.)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I haven't ever submitted an entry to one of these challenges, I just took this picture yesterday, so why not!

Jacket is now at the tailor to get some buttons put one :). In the picture, I am wearing a blue glenplaid shirt.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great start! Hopefully I'll be receiving a very interesting delivery before this challenge is over.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
K.I.S.S.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My entry for this week . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads