• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors'

Why won?

• Mr Knightley

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • RoSaCe

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Calypso

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Coxsackie

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Leanderthal

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • DiplomaticTies

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Roycru

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Heldentenor

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, gentlemen. That was quite a surprise in such an esteemed group.

In terms of the next Challenge, I shall be packing to go on holiday and fear I should not be able to do it justice. I wonder if my friend and our excellent runner-up upr_ might consider stepping in?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, gentlemen. That was quite a surprise in such an esteemed group.

In terms of the next Challenge, I shall be packing to go on holiday and fear I should not be able to do it justice. I wonder if my friend and our excellent runner-up upr_ might consider stepping in?

Only because it is you, Mr, Knightley, and because I know your travel schedule, I will do the necessary, and run the next Challenge. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, though I am leaning towards Academic's suggestion of "blue and green" - so far (remember that I am a creature of whimsical and quixotic tastes).

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only because it is you, Mr, Knightley, and because I know your travel schedule, I will do the necessary, and run the next Challenge. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, though I am leaning towards Academic's suggestion of "blue and green" - so far (remember that I am a creature of whimsical and quixotic tastes).

Many thanks my friend
smile.gif

I like that idea. I had also thought about a rainwear challenge at this time of the rolling seasons.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Another vote for blue and green. Someone once commented on my Instagram that "Blue and green should not be seen without something in between." I figured I'd take a look at the source of the comment, and the individual was very poorly dressed. Which is not to say that his comment didn't have merit. He just wasn't going to be making any appeals on personal credibility on that front.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for blue and green. Someone once commented on my Instagram that "Blue and green should not be seen without something in between." I figured I'd take a look at the source of the comment, and the individual was very poorly dressed. Which is not to say that his comment didn't have merit. He just wasn't going to be making any appeals on personal credibility on that front.

I'd be game. Congrats, Mr. Knightley, and thanks for stepping up, Crusty.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In fact you were in some measure what brought this to mind. I was thinking about a green neat (I think it was a Henry Carter but don't hold me to that) that you once wore with one of your blue jackets. Goes back a couple of years.

Cheers,

Ac

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

This one? Wore it in the last green tie challenge actually. Other examples of green and blue:

RoSaCe

Reaction score
Wonderful idea gentlemen but I can't find the new challenge, could you post the link here please?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wonderful idea gentlemen but I can't find the new challenge, could you post the link here please?

Patience young padawan, it'll be up in a few minutes . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads