• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge 2022/01/17 - Suited and Booted - Voting

Who wore it best?

• An Acute Style

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • cr2596

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Dapper Philly

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Flying Monkey

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • PSB

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Roscoe the best 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roscoe the best 2

• Roscoe the best 3

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Upr_crust 1

• Upr_crust 2

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • VegasRebel

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a compilation of the contestants in the Suited and Booted Friday Challenge - in alphabetical order by profile name:

An Acute Style:

AnAcuteStyle 1A.jpeg

AnAcuteStyle 1B.jpeg

Bernoulli:

Bernoulli 1A.jpg
Bernoulli 1B.jpg

Brennenman:

Brennenman 1A.jpeg
Brennenman 1B.jpeg

cr2596:

cr2596 1A.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian:

CraftyCumbrian 1A.jpeg

Dapper Philly:

DapperPhilly 1A.jpeg
DapperPhilly 1B.jpg

Flying Monkey:
FlyingMonkey1A.jpg
FlyingMonkey1B.jpg

PSB:

PSB 1A.JPG
PSB 1B.JPG

Roscoe the best 1:

Roscoe the best 1A.jpeg
Roscoe the best 1B.jpeg

Roscoe the best 2:

Roscoe the best 2A.jpeg
Roscoe the best 2B.jpeg

Roscoe the best 3:

Roscoe the best 3A.jpeg
Roscoe the best 3B.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thin White Duke:

ThinWhiteDuke 1A.jpeg
ThinWhiteDuke 1B.jpeg

Upr_crust 1:

Upr_crust 1A.JPG
Upr_crust 1B.JPG

Upr_crust 2:

Upr_crust 2A.JPG
Upr_crust 2B.JPG

VegasRebel:

VegasRebel 1A.jpg
VegasRebel 1B.jpg

cr2596

Reaction score
I have to rep @psb for this one. The combination of elements just comes together perfectly to my eyes. Small scale pattern, brown suit paired with somewhat chunky wingtip brogues, which happen to be well worn with a higher shine cap. Contrasted with peak lapels and standard fare for shirt-tie-square. This, on paper, reads try hard “suited and booted”. The reality is effortless balance and a lovely aesthetic.

psb

Reaction score
I have to rep @psb for this one. The combination of elements just comes together perfectly to my eyes. Small scale pattern, brown suit paired with somewhat chunky wingtip brogues, which happen to be well worn with a higher shine cap. Contrasted with peak lapels and standard fare for shirt-tie-square. This, on paper, reads try hard “suited and booted”. The reality is effortless balance and a lovely aesthetic.
Thank you very much for your very nice comment.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank-you very much for organizing this, @upr_crust. It's probably too late now and it hardly matters, but I would have prefered if you'd featured the other picture without the coat (I did mention that I didn't really like the way the coat looks).

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank-you very much for organizing this, @upr_crust. It's probably too late now and it hardly matters, but I would have prefered if you'd featured the other picture without the coat (I did mention that I didn't really like the way the coat looks).

My apologies. When I hunkered down to compile all of the photos from all of the contestants, I used what I thought was my best judgment, and I compiled everything as quickly as possible (still a rather lengthy process). I didn't note your preferences for photos - my bad.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust

The poll ends in one week on the 28th. That’s a long time. Was that an error or did you want such a large window? I promise I’m not trying to end the poll early because I’m in the lead. :bigstar:

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the second place right now (and somebody who helped An Acute get the lead, as I voted for him) I would have no issue with the poll closing earlier than Oct 28th.

@upr_crust

The poll ends in one week on the 28th. That’s a long time. Was that an error or did you want such a large window? I promise I’m not trying to end the poll early because I’m in the lead. :bigstar:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@upr_crust

As the second place right now (and somebody who helped An Acute get the lead, as I voted for him) I would have no issue with the poll closing earlier than Oct 28th.

I chose the date somewhat at random, allowing ten days from the initiation of voting to closure (the weekly aspect of the Friday Challenge having gone by the board, considering the amount of work needed to set up the two threads). I assure you that skullduggery had nothing to do with the choice of date.

If I don't see any more activity voting after this weekend, if possible, I will close the voting early.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:hide:

Looks like I won this one. Thanks for the votes gents. :bigstar: Congrats @psb and @bernoulli for making it to the podium. Thanks @upr_crust for organizing and making me wait. :lol:

Any thoughts about the next challenge, everyone? I have couple of ideas.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:hide:

Looks like I won this one. Thanks for the votes gents. :bigstar: Congrats @psb and @bernoulli for making it to the podium. Thanks @upr_crust for organizing and making me wait. :lol:

Any thoughts about the next challenge, everyone? I have couple of ideas.

Congrats, AAS, and we'll all be interested in seeing what new challenge you can formulate for us. As for waiting, isn't anticipation a form of pleasure ;) ?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, AAS, and we'll all be interested in seeing what new challenge you can formulate for us. As for waiting, isn't anticipation a form of pleasure ;) ?
No, waiting is a form of torture. Pretty sure it was outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads