• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 2014/2/28: The Uniform

Who did "The Uniform" best?

• Mr. Six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pliny

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Cleav

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Don Cologne

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • timotune

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • ammanati

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • An Acute Style

• StanleyVanBuren

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • SeamasterLux

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Coxsackie

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Murlsquirl

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • SeaJen

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Maturestyle

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SpooPoker

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Gerry Nelson

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Pingson

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • cptjeff

• Anden

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • EFV

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • TTO

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • Holdfast

• in stitches

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • Shen

• Cotton Dockers

• Monkeyface

• HansderHund

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • sansimeon

• GMMcL

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Butler

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • Skyhigh

• Morgan

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • tchoy

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Kaplan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This weeks challenge is about one of MC's most classic combinations: Blue jacket, grey trousers, brown suede shoes. While on first glance this challenge might be boring & too easy, you should focus on fit, accessoires & textures this week. The jacket can be any shade of blue, the pants any shade of grey. Brown suede shoes are a must. Shirt & tie mandatory. I hope for many contestants this time, because most (all) of you guys on SF should own those three pieces :nodding: Please submit your fits until Saturday, March 1th, 11:59 PM CET (Central European time). I will put up the poll on Sunday morning & will let it open until Tuesday, March 4th. Inspiration: http://putthison.com/post/21310630252/excellent-advice-below-from-ethan-desu-although
tumblr_mzm1bpluJj1qc8xtuo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mx18lfH08l1qc8xtuo1_500.jpg
All Outfits:
Not an entry, just a coincidence.
In (got to post early as not around till Saturday, pics from last night)
Jacket - Cantarelli Tie & PS - Drakes Shirt - Brigdens Trousers - Canali Socks - Wolsey Shoes - C & J
Some great entries so far! Keep 'em coming, guys! Here's mine:
Count me in. Photos from a couple of weeks ago. You can find more on my website, the link to this specific post is here. I am not sure if DB jacket counts though
xpost from WAYWRN. Note the brown suede gloves, grey scarf and navy overcoat too. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
OK, I'll play, although I had to dig deep into the back of the wardrobe to find a navy jacket. Yes, it's velour. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
LL
Hat: Christy's Jacket, tie: Oxford Shirt: Camicissima Square: unknown Pants: Pal Zileri Belt: Rodd & Gunn Socks: Jack & Jones Shoes: Carmina Exmoor "rough-out" waxed suede
SF Familia: Howard Yount Yellow Hook Neck Ties Meermin
Zegna/Barba/Mitchells/Luxire/BB/Alden
SAMUELSOHN CUSTOM CASHMERE S C SAMUELSOHN MTM FLANNEL SLACKS SKIP GAMBERT CUSTOM SHIRT HANAUER BOW TIE ROBERT TALBOTT P S BRESCIANI SOCKS C&J SNUFF SUEDE MONKS
Cover your eyes Bourbon ...
x4s08k.jpg
29up1yx.jpg
158352g.jpg
(In my defence it's definitely Spring weather in my dukedom!)
full length:
1960s Stanley Blacker Borg Alaskan blue/black chubby DB Irish lambswool plaid scarf Borrelli Nerano indigo corduroy SC Borrelli FC Vanda Fine Clothing tie Robert Talbott PS DeVecchi crocodile belt RL flannels RLPL x GG "Narvell" Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
Boglioli/Kamakura/Drake's/Vanda RL Polo/Alfred Sargent
Not posted much recently, but this week I definitely need to play:
I don't wear shoes inside the house. Ain't that right @timotune ?
LL
My entry.
Jacket is Deansgate, from god knows when. I inherited it from my uncle, it's the real deal when it comes to trad. 3 roll 2, sack fit, lightly structured. Oh, and a nice thick, warm wool, because it's cold outside. Red lining, because why not?. Tie is from Brooks. Shirt is an old Lands End pinpoint BD with pretty much no structure in the collar. The loafers are Weejuns, from one of the somewhat upgraded lines Bass sometimes rolls out on a season by season basis. Biggest difference I notice is nicer sole leather. Smartwool socks because it's cold outside. I'll take the 5th on the Chinos.
My relaxed pose as I watch all great entries.
Corneliani navy herringbone SC Ernesto Moretta MTM shirt - micro houndstooth. Drake's royal blue cashmere tie Oscar Jacobson beige/grey flannels Wolsey herringbone socs C&J monks Barton Perreira frames
Horrible pic quality, but I assure you - I look bloody marvellous today :lol:
Keeping it SIMPLE, which for me is odd! -TTO
Some really nice stuff this challenge, especially today. This is the first challenge I've had the items to able to play in for several weeks, so had to put something together:
decided to send a big FU to @bourbonbasted and go cray cray with the accessories.
[/quote]
Dark days in Sweden.
Not surprisingly, tons of great stuff so far. Here's mine:
I hope these pictures are an improvement over the selfies:
LL
Suitsupply Kamakura Drakes Albert Thurston Epaulet Meermin
Hardly a photographer, but @upr_crustesque
2122.png
photo in the spoiler to show more deets.
Lots of great entries this week!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] As usual, sorry for the ****** pics (and the overcompensating scarf..) Tie is slightly less vibrant irl.
I decided to play.
Zegna Borrelli (I has a sad about this shirt -- discovered the beginnings of collar fray this morning. :( ) Drake's Drake's Trafalgar Inco Panthy Meermin
Steven Hitchcock SB Navy flannel blazer NO VENT (OMG) - Ambrosi Minnis 300 flannel trousers - NSM shirt - Rubinacci knit tie and PS - John Lobb St James's nubucks :bigstar:
MTM unlined jacket Luxire shirt, Lustrous Fine White, NOBD collar Cucinelli pants Alden shoes Petronius cashmere tie Vintage square
I have way too much time on my hands this weekend.
Gant navy blazer Sid Mashburn shirt Paul Stuart tie Howard Yount trousers, socks, & pocket square Crockett & Jones shoes Casio watch
Here is my entry.
This may be too late...
img2409e.jpg
img2391.jpg
Zegna navy corduroy SC, Finamore cotton/linen shirt, Finamore knit tie, Simonnot-Godard square, Canali flannel pants, Corneliani suede belt, C&J Westfield tobacco suede oxfords

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm out. No blue odd jacket, and my suedes are probably too light anyway.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You don't have an odd navy jacket, SB? I'm shocked. Just wear an orphan for the sake of the challenge.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well that's me 4/7 days of the week. Just need someone to snap a pic.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You don't have an odd navy jacket, SB? I'm shocked. Just wear an orphan for the sake of the challenge.

My navy suit is too city to pull that off.

J011yroger

Reaction score
I'm in, will just have to figure out what socks to wear.

J

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think i may have the requisite items for this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads