• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20130913: GrayNavyWhiteBlack

Who did GrayNavyWhiteBlack best?

• DonCologne

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • in stitches

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • sugarbutch

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • coldsalmon

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ebonyman

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • clarinetplayer

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In this challenge you wear a solid gray suit, solid white shirt, navy tie, and black shoes. If you wear a hank, it must also be white. The tie may be a neat, stripe, etc., but the ground must be navy, and it must predominate. Wear and photograph your entry this week. You can post as many pictures of your entry as you like, but I will use only two for the poll. Poll will go up on Saturday and close on Monday. THE ENTRIES:
/quote]

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This should be interesting. On the surface it seems like there is not a lot of room to maneuver. However I think this will be one of the more interesting challenges for just that reason. Unfortunately I cannot participate, but I will be eagerly watching.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not having a solid grey suit (I greatly prefer navy for solid suits; have at least 3 of those!), I'm going to have to sit this one out. But I'll watch & vote!
smile.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i plan to be in on this action, jackson.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In this challenge you wear a solid gray suit, solid white shirt, navy tie, and black shoes. If you wear a hank, it must also be white. The tie may be a neat, stripe, etc., but the ground must be navy, and it must predominate. Wear and photograph your entry this week. You can post as many pictures of your entry as you like, but I will use only two for the poll. Poll will go up on Saturday and close on Monday.

Subscribed.

Yesterday's fit almost qualified. I had a gray pinstripe suit, blue gren dot tie and, for the first time since I did the Holdfast fit, black shoes. Will see if I can muster my inner drone later this week.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only grey suit is a worsted flannel DB. Weather doesn't quite lend itself to wearing it yet... it's a pinstripe anyways.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
weather shaping up to be too warm for flannel. i will wear it anyways. FC = SRS BSNS

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subscribed. Not sure if I'll be posting this week but should be interesting. I liked the all solids challenge that was done awhile back.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solid suit? Bah. I wore a gray check today with a navy tie thinking it would qualify for this, and probably won't have a good chance to wear a suit again this week.

Why not just have people take pictures of their favorite navy ties?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't do this one either - my only solid grey suit is back in Canada.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand this challenge.

Very little room to maneuver, as Caustic Man noted. The only things you can modify are little things like the fabric texture, lapel shape, suit cut, maybe pocket square, shoe type etc.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't understand this challenge.

Very little room to maneuver, as Caustic Man noted. The only things you can modify are little things like the fabric texture, lapel shape, suit cut, maybe pocket square, shoe type etc.

I didn't vote for it personally, but I think that's precisely the point. The little things matter that much more.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In addition to the challenge poll, I intend to post a poll of the negative responses so that we can vote on which one is best/worst.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
lol at the backlash...

you mofos wanted a simple challenge... u get one and then ***** out

IS THERE ANY WAY TO SATISFY IGENTS!?!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads