• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge 2/18/21: Dressing Up Tweed

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adding to the bold patterned tweeds . . .

It's Friday, and the weather remains sunny and seasonably cold, a perfect day for a double dose of tweed - sports jacket and outerwear.

Sports jacket, scarf, & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt, trousers, pocket square, shoes, & overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Chipp
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_5196.JPG
IMG_5199.JPG
IMG_5200.JPG

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll post later today from earlier in the week if the poll isn't up by then...

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Semi boring chest shot
6C3D48A6-34AC-4783-9125-8A227095BF35.jpeg

Wearing:
Harris Tweed SC made for the department store Hutzler Bros. in Baltimore, probably 1950’s
Tie: E. Marinella, a gift from last years Thrift Thread gift exchange
Shirt: Canali
PS: Linen from Polo RL

jdhoop

Reaction score

Poll is up! Don't forget to vote for your favorite outfit.

khughes44

Reaction score
thanks. I was eyeing up their highline perpetual, as one of the cheaper mechanical perpetual calendars out there
Me too! I was looking at them this morning. I can’t justify investment grade watches, so FC, Tissot and Bulova will have to do.

shrink1061

Reaction score
Me too! I was looking at them this morning. I can’t justify investment grade watches, so FC, Tissot and Bulova will have to do.

ive treated myself to a jaeger for my 40th birthday this year but it’s likely the only of its kind I’ll be buying. But FC do look like stonking value! If you pull trigger let me know how you find it! The blue face does it for me!

Id suggest longines also. My master triple date moonphase is one of the most beautifully presented and complicated watches for anywhere near that kind of money!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads