• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge 2/12/21: Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We haven't had one of these in a while so here we go.

Chinese New Year is on Friday, Feb 12th. That's two days before Valentines Day! In honor of both of these events, let's wear red.

This is an easy challenge to get us back in the swing of things. Wear a red tie, shirt, cardigan, suit, socks, pocket square, shoes, etc. Maybe not all at the same time. I'm not crazy about it, but I'll allow burgundy and pink as well.

Outfits must be from the month of February. Ties and sport coats encouraged, but not required.

Poll goes up Monday, Feb 15th.

The winner of the challenge MUST organize the next challenge. If you win and are not able to you MUST find someone else to set up the next challenge. Usually the 2nd or 3rd place winners will step in.

1612394885345.png

1612395206461.png

1612395282822.png

1612395636240.png

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not one to post in the Friday challenge but I live in China and I have a red jacket, tie, shoes, bag, PS, belts and even bike locks. Surely I win by default, no? (no, trousers are not skin tight but it does looks like it from the first pic).

IMG_31432.jpg
IMG_3149.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my entry, worn yesterday February 5. This is particularly apropos given that the 5th was National Wear Red Day, raising awareness for heart disease and its devastating impact on women. Even more apropos, as my wife's aunt had a heart attack about 2 weeks ago and remains in the ICU (things are looking much better now, though).

QMVg3Kj.jpg

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mürren, in Switzerland
Not much snow for February. I have stayed in Wengen and also Grindlewald but skied Murren and enjoyed a nice lunch in the revolving restaurant at the top. Nice views of the Jungfrau.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads