• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 15 Nov 2019 - 'Show Us the Cut of your Jib - Casual Style'

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Streetwear entries have this on lock.

Very interesting silhouettes, patterns, and textures.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty typical of my very casual wear at this crossover time of year, a casual jacket of blouson style over a BD and worn with dark jeans or cotton trousers.

For me, these pictures also reveal that my style changes only ever so slowly. The Baracuta is around 10 years old and, although the PoloRL BD is here (late last month) on its maiden voyage, I sought out an exact replacement for an earlier shirt that was beginning to show its teeth. So, I guess the cut of my jib is characterised by a very slowly-evolving look based around a few simple core pieces.

FC Jib full.jpg

FC Jib deets.jpg

Yorky

Reaction score
An example of my daily gib here in cold and damp Yorkshire.
IMG_7912.JPG

All reasonably new purchases, except for the Fairisle tank top bought in Gap about 20 years ago, Gant OCBD 5 years old, Folk MiE wool coat, Levis Premium Cargo's and Solovair Hawkins, all bought this year.
My style has remained reasonably constant over the last 40 years, but trending more towards the late 60's street Mod style.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
POLL IS UP!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20