• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 11 MAY -18 - WORK IT!

Who worked it best

• Gerry

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • KamoteJoe

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Mr Stevens

• Caustic Man

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • EFV

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • DT

• UC

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Vapahtaja

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • everyday

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition nah, just a few days in between projects so hanging at home with my dogs and my internet connection. Might take a drive up to Tahoe. That’s like a vacation for a lot of people, right?

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be so cool! :laugh:

For real though, please bestow upon us your pretend workwear selvedge denim coffee shop instagram fashuns.

Oh, I will. And it will be exactly like that. And I hope you can teach us what a workwear fit should really be like by submitting a fit that is not several years old and has been posted over and over again in SF.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UC's photos are exceptional. I think further material to my developing thesis that there is no beating authenticity in the search for whatever passes as objective quality. It isn't just the clothes, the photo work is really not bad either - who took them?

I looked through my wardrobe and literally own no workwear items. A life behind the desk does that. Not even a pair of jeans, and nothing in between trail shoes and suede loafers. Nevertheless, I shall watch from the sidelines with anticipation for these entries some of which are very good, especially if some SW&D chaps come over to play.

Any chaps from the forces feel like contributing? The pilots on here alone could give UC a real run for his money...

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Technically, what you wear to work is Workwear.

Last edited:

willyto

Reaction score
I saw this really late so I doubt I can get in time.

When I think of workwear I think of early century workwear. Denim, corduroy, chore choats, leather jackets, shirts with throat latches, flat caps, boots, bandanas... I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing that kind of stuff.

I do have quite a lot of these things (Vintage originals actually) but I worry it will be seen as costume here. More in line with the last picture of inspiration though.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The only thing that’s actual workwear in this outfit is the henley from Dickies. I was going for an overall vibe though. As to the discussion about what qualifies as workwear, I think everyone here, with the exception of one person, are pretty clear with the definition we’re going with here. No, you don’t have to work in construction to wear workwear (though I’ve briefly done so when younger)
0C77FF00-CDC4-4FDF-B4B9-A8AB733B2758.jpeg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
wat?

You work as a dog walker? in a library?

Wait, what's this Hankerchief around the neck bullshit. .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
wat?

You work as a dog walker? in a library?

Wait, what's this Hankerchief around the neck bullshit. .

Please leave this thread and go troll somewhere else.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any chaps from the forces feel like contributing? The pilots on here alone could give UC a real run for his money...

I should think that military wear in this day is a far cry from the tailored glory of previous generations.

I'm actually surprised more of the Sport Coat & Jeans dudes haven't posted here. I might have thrown in something of my own of the sky would stop raining long enough to do anything outside.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should think that military wear in this day is a far cry from the tailored glory of previous generations.

I'm actually surprised more of the Sport Coat & Jeans dudes haven't posted here. I might have thrown in something of my own of the sky would stop raining long enough to do anything outside.
The bespoke helmets for the F-35 cost $400,000 a pop, it's the vicuna of workwear... Accessorise with your ride and you win the FC.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Workwear-02.jpg

My contribution in the "pretend workwear selvedge denim coffee shop instagram fashuns" category. Most of what I wear here are archival workwear, yet I can proudly announce that none of these clothes have seen any real work. If anyone is curious about what I wear to my actual job, you can find that in WAYWRN.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just realized that almost none of us are looking at the camera and smiling.
That's a luxury us workers can't afford since we are being watched by The Man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads