Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Frette linens "Made in India"...wtf?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by JohnGalt, Mar 16, 2010.

1. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Received an email from Frette advertising their sale. Looked and a couple sets were priced at $300 (70% off)...they are, however, made in India. Is this lower-line crap that is not worth buying?

2. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Sorry misread that.

I wouldn't worry about where it's made but it's very hard to find good information on their site.

3. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

Something like Linens it's all about the material and less about the assembly. I've always find it hard to justify Pocket squares that go over $200, hell even over $80 is a rip-off.

4. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

I don't know how pocket squares come into play here.....hrm

5. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

"Made in India" is not the same as " Made in China"

Just saying..

6. Pantisocrat

"Made in India" is not the same as " Made in China" Just saying..
    I'm not a big fan of Chinese quality but there an increasing amount of well-made products coming out of China. Can you name one product of superior Indian quality made after the independence? Please don't name a British firm working out of India during colonial days.

7. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

I'm not a big fan of Chinese quality but there an increasing amount of well-made products coming out of China. Can you name one product of superior Indian quality made after the independence? Please don't name a British firm working out of India during colonial days.

Well, Madras, evidently. And Randy, I think from the same general area. But I agree, there is a stigma, I think made much worse by the customer service outsourcing that a lot of US airlines do.

8. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

LOL , Don't even get me started.

9. oman

oman Senior member

they definitely make some good products - pashminas, the kama sutra, dhaba food, et al. you can't just generalize like that

but yeah granted, from a proportional standpoint (considering india is one-sixth of the world's people) they do seem to be lacking somewhat, eh? i blame the fact that they're all squeezed together.

10. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

they definitely make some good products - pashminas, the kama sutra, dhaba food, et al. you can't just generalize like that

but yeah granted, from a proportional standpoint (considering india is one-sixth of the world's people) they do seem to be lacking somewhat, eh? i blame the fact that they're all squeezed together.

That is true, Indians should move a bit round the world, which also seems to be good for a country's economy as they're the wealthiest ethnic group in the USA.

11. Pantisocrat

no, I blame the fact that they have a national language the majority can't speak or read.[​IMG]

12. onion

onion Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

13. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

no, I blame the fact that they have a national language the majority can't speak or read.[​IMG]

Who the fuck are you anyway.

14. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

while this thread is jokes, im actually interested in getting an answer to the OP's question too since id be purchasing online.

15. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Senior member

I'd never buy anything made in "India". I feel about the same as made in "China".

I try and purchase European/Japanese because quality and styling is far superior.