• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fresno tailor?

mntran19

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm in dire need to get some suit jackets and pants tailored. I'm currently living in Fresno and don't know any good tailors here. Any recommendations?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey I live in fresno and I go to an excellent tailor here. The name of is Park Alterations and they are right off of Shaw avenue.. Mr and Mrs. Park handle all of my tailoring needs being that I moved here from NY and had to find a tailor all over again. They handle a lot of my custom work and are pretty quick in terms of turn around time. Tell them that Sosa sent you by. Hope this helps!
How strange that your first post should be able to answer a question relating to a small obscure town - and that you live there.... It is even more odd that the ~OP has a back log of garments that do apparently fit him properrly: Doubtless he has just lost weight.

Last edited:

mntran19

Reaction score

hey I live in fresno and I go to an excellent tailor here. The name of is Park Alterations and they are right off of Shaw avenue.. Mr and Mrs. Park handle all of my tailoring needs being that I moved here from NY and had to find a tailor all over again. They handle a lot of my custom work and are pretty quick in terms of turn around time. Tell them that Sosa sent you by. Hope this helps!
Thanks, ill be sure to check that place out. And GBR, I just bought a suit jacket that needs to be fitted properly. Also, I have roughly 5 pairs of pants that are too long but I haven't gotten around to getting them hemmed :)

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also being in the Fresno area, I have a very good alterations lady. Do the Parks tailor the more complex items? Shoulder work and whatnot? It's very difficult to find someone to handle the more advanced items in these parts due to the lack of demand.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, they do. They are the tailor's that handle my surgeons cuffs on my jackets...their work is pretty good as commented on by another tailor that viewed their work. What ever you ask them to do they will get done. The price is a little higher than usual but I have never had a problem with them and I am there pretty much every month! I always feel that you pay for quality... so this is no different..

Hiras Fashion

Reaction score
Hello! Hiras Fashion is visiting Fresno and Bakersfield from August 15th to 17th. To book your appointments, please email us at [email protected].

See you then!

Hiras Fashion

Reaction score
Speaking of online tailoring stores, you can shop online at our web store http://store.hiras.com/ and browse through thousands of fabrics and customize your own suits, shirts, blazers, jackets and more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads