1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Freshman Orientation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pseudonym, Aug 31, 2009.

1. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

So I just had orientation today. I got paired off with a small group of other people (around 20), and had to do those "get-to-know-you" introduction exercise shits. Most of the guys were guidos (I'd say 40% of the entire school is guido population), while the other guys looked uncomfortable as fuck. Thank goodness the redeeming factor was the girls. I'm a commuter, so I get the worst of the worst. 98% of the commuters that were in the commuter meeting were minorities, and most of them were wannabe-hypebeasts. During the day, I just had random conversations with everybody, but none that particularly held my interest. Maybe I'm elitist from having been on SF. I know that the best way to dive into college is keeping it superficial at first, but what the fuck. Commuting is total hell. I don't even have a cell phone, for fucking sakes. I'm thinking of a plan that offers 2 lines (one for family and me), with decent texting and good service. I don't want to jump across $60-70, because I'm on a budget, and college is already expensive as is. Any suggestions on that front? Overall, for those who know the gist of college, how would you recommend I approach this? I'm pretty new to all of this, as everybody else. Yet I'm at a disadvantage, simply because I commute. How do I get the CWGs? Wear A&F bootcut jeans and Old Navy flip-flops? I need some enlightenment here. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I go to Fordham in the Bronx, fyi.

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Get a pay-per-minute phone. If your social life is as Conneous as mine, a $100 card can last you the better part of a year.

Get your CWGs from the designated thread on SuperFuture.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^+1

get a go phone. i think im going to switch over once my contract runs out. i use maybe half of my minutes and half of my text limit. (but i guess things depend on whether or not you call and text a lot of people)

4. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior member

Are you by any chance asian?

5. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I'm mixed. Asian/White.

6. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Quit being such a wanna be elitist cunt.

I'm willing to bet that you didnt make a particularly great impression on any of the other students and they probably dont even remember meeting you. Right now they are probably partying and having fun (like one should during orientation) instead of whining to their i-"friends".

K

7. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior member

I'm mixed. Asian/White.

How did I guess..

I'm willing to bet that you didnt make a particularly great impression on any of the other students and they probably dont even remember meeting you. Right now they are probably partying and having fun (like one should during orientation) instead of whining to their i-"friends".

K

Fits right in at sf - home of virgin asian kids with sick jawnz, no sex

8. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

9. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I'm a commuter, so I get the worst of the worst. 98% of the commuters that were in the commuter meeting were minorities, and most of them were wannabe-hypebeasts.

You poor thing!

+1

10. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Pass out twinkies to all the girls and tell them "Here's something sweet to remember me by." Write your new phone number with a Sharpie on the wrapper.

11. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

K

How did I guess..

Fits right in at sf - home of virgin asian kids with sick jawnz, no sex

+10000 to all this.

You call people Guidos and this and that, but they are the ones having fun while you whine like a bitch at home. [​IMG] Truly sad.

And what is a CWG? College White Girl?

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

+10000 to all this.

You call people Guidos and this and that, but they are the ones having fun while you whine like a bitch at home. [​IMG] Truly sad.

And what is a CWG? College White Girl?

Corny WG.

13. ama

ama Senior member

How the fuck do you not have a cell phone? There is no way you are even remotely popular/cool/etc. enough to whining about "guidos" if you still have your mom and dad screening your calls.

14. Hayling

Hayling Senior member

This thread delivers.

15. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Corny WG.

Corny White Guys?

Is the OP a fag?[​IMG]

16. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Go get a cell phone plan with unlimited text message, you will need it if you ever hook up with anyone...

I have seen girls from Fordham, some have potentials (though not so sure about classy, but hi, it's COLLEGE, why would you care).

17. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

-Get cellphone
    -Get unlimited text
    -Txt the fuck out of your new friends to know what is going on
    -Move on/near campus so you can participate in impromptu debauchery
    -Dress how you like but stop judging others, concentrate on banging them instead (those that turn you on, be ready to have low standards at first, a BJ is a BJ).
    -Get on FB and add the fuck out of people so, once again, you're in the loop.
    -Try to get good drugs hookups, your newfound mates will love you for it.
    -Don't wear a tie or some other gay shit.
    -Practice drinking in front of the TV so you don't end up puking on everyone while crying like a little bitch.

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Pass out twinkies to all the girls and tell them "Here's something sweet to remember me by." Write your new phone number with a Sharpie on the wrapper.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

-Get cellphone
    -Get unlimited text
    -Txt the fuck out of your new friends to know what is going on
    -Move on/near campus so you can participate in impromptu debauchery
    -Dress how you like but stop judging others, concentrate on banging them instead (those that turn you on, be ready to have low standards at first, a BJ is a BJ).
    -Get on FB and add the fuck out of people so, once again, you're in the loop.
    -Try to get good drugs hookups, your newfound mates will love you for it.
    -Don't wear a tie or some other gay shit.
    -Practice drinking in front of the TV so you don't end up puking on everyone while crying like a little bitch.

This.

And let me repeat what others have said: MOVE ONTO OR NEXT TO CAMPUS. It does not matter how much it costs, college from home is 100% suck.

20. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Yeah, today was much, much better. I guess it was mostly my anger from not having a phone and first-day-anxiety that made me post this (stupid) rant. So, yes, thank you to all who posted in this thread, funny comments and all. Keep it coming.