• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fresh-squeezed lemonade

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All this talk about service in restaurants has got me thinking about a recent moment I had while eating out with some colleagues. As the server is taking our drinks menus and gets to me, I ask him/her for lemonade and asked if it was fresh squeezed versus fountain-type lemonade. The server gives me a brief look and almost everyone I am with starts laughing. So it turns out that asking for fresh lemonade is funny. Well, is it? Personally I am not a fan of drinking soda and I didnt want water or an alcoholic drink at the moment, so the next best thing was fresh lemonade.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is funny only because in the US most every place is probably making lemonade from powdered mix.

I love good fresh lemonade though, so I can appreciate wanting that. Most people just don't care though, so we get crap.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I typically find fresh-squeezed lemonades at "southern" type restaurants or good seafood restaurants.

And yeah, I absolutely prefer fresh-squeezed over the other types.

goodlife

Reaction score
I have gotten a similar reaction when asking whether iced tea is brewed. The worst is when the server responds that it is powder/fountain, and you choose something else only to get attitude for not wanting their crappy processed beverages.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way I was in a pretty decent restaurant - Clyde's. Which made me more puzzled by the server's and my colleagues' response.

Nice to read that I'm not alone though!

samblau

Reaction score
Fresh Squeed lemonade is awesome...but given pirces even a small would cost $3 - $4 minimum. Price should be a dead giveaway. Iced tea is cheap and easy to make and tastes better fresh brewed yet the sugary crap is all most places have. If I don't want a sugary soda and nothing is to my liking I order a seltzer/club soda with a slice of lemon or lime.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I'm sure the server would be glad to "freshen up" the lemonade of any patron who insists on asking persnickety questions.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I typically find fresh-squeezed lemonades at "southern" type restaurants or good seafood restaurants. And yeah, I absolutely prefer fresh-squeezed over the other types.
I typically won't order lemonade unless it is freshly squeezed. The same with orange juice.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I typically won't order lemonade unless it is freshly squeezed. The same with orange juice.

Fresh strawberry juice and fresh mango juice are both particularly delicious as well.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at mccormick and schmicks they make a point to tell you that the lemonade is fresh squeezed... definitely havent had your experience

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
at mccormick and schmicks they make a point to tell you that the lemonade is fresh squeezed... definitely havent had your experience
I like it at McCormick & Schmicks, and order it whenever I eat there.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer mine with fresh squeezed juice and fizzy water (soda, seltzer, perrier.....).

Salt pickled lemon lemonade with soda water (vietnamese) is most awesome. It is not exactly fresh but it is very refreshing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads