• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fresco

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Straight or in cocktails? - B
I usually just break the bottle neck off and take a swig.
laughdx3.gif
It is probably good in a sazerac but I like it straight.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
I usually just break the bottle neck off and take a swig.
laughdx3.gif

It is probably good in a sazerac but I like it straight.

Haven't tried it, but I'll bet it's not Thomas Handy Sazerac
inlove.gif

Try that straight
wink.gif

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll try it. I see it's on a third release. I grew up drinking cognac but rye is less sweet with a good kick.

Love the dryness. Took up drinking rye in college and I still prefer it over (most)corn liquors.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
This looks too long to read now, but I will read it later. Can you give me your quickie review?
It has a clean, non sticky, non sweet taste with a kick and a good after taste. I like it better than some of the small distillery bourbons I had hitherto been drinking. I had been driven to bourbon because the barbarians discovered cognac (and single malts...and Sauternes for that matter).

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Love the dryness. Took up drinking rye in college and I still prefer it over (most)corn liquors.
Well there aren't that many around, plus I always associated it with like leathery marine types. But a good rye is very neat and clean, Im having a glass now.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has a clean, non sticky, non sweet taste with a kick and a good after taste. I like it better than some of the small distillery bourbons I had hitherto been drinking. I had been driven to bourbon because the barbarians discovered cognac (and single malts...and Sauternes for that matter).

Veritas. Nice and dry- with a zing.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well there aren't that many around, plus I always associated it with like leathery marine types. But a good rye is very neat and clean, Im having a glass now.

thumbs-up.gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
You could have PhatGuido field-test it.
- I'm read for my 3rd CHAN next week!

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm not convinced that tailored clothes can breathe inside aluminum suitcases.
- B

- how about my custom Rimodor? I'll leave the Cubans behind this trip..

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I am curious about your reasons. I started (and ended) with a blue linen suit, but I did that because I had a particular vision of what I wanted for a particular event.

Marine blue has all the good qualities of a cream linen suit without being nearly so memorable or prone to showing dirt.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is quarter lining typical with Fresco as it's a warm weather cloth? What about "show-through"? Is the weave loose enough to see a shirt coming through?

Would a full lining still work (in terms of keeping one cool and keeping shape) with Fresco?

Inquiring minds want to know.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Is quarter lining typical with Fresco as it's a warm weather cloth? What about "show-through"? Is the weave loose enough to see a shirt coming through?

Would a full lining still work (in terms of keeping one cool and keeping shape) with Fresco?

I had one of my fresco suits made with a quarter lining. I didn't notice any real improvement in breathability, but it does "catch" more on my shirt so I imagine it doesn't hang or move as smoothly. I ordered a subsequent fresco with a regular lining as a result.

Shirt see through is also a possibility, though that would bother me less.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is quarter lining typical with Fresco as it's a warm weather cloth?

Yes.

What about "show-through"? Is the weave loose enough to see a shirt coming through?

Mostly, it doesn't. In some light, it can, depending on the weight and weave. It is not a great material if you expect a lot of flash photography, for example.

Sure, but you would give up a small marginal advantage for warm weather. Since that marginal advantage is best realized in a breeze, you're probably not giving up much if you have the option of going with an ermazine vs. a bemberg.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads