1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Frequent flyer briefcase (crosspost from Filson thread)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by CTGuy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

Looking for some suggestions for a large, durable, but still stylish bag for a frequent flyer.

I generally carry two laptops (one personal/one business), plus some other gadgets, chargers, documents, and a few other miscellaneous items. I was thinking of the filson 258 or maybe a Tumi-- something in that vein. Would love to hear some suggestions. My price range is probably up to around 350, but I'd be open to spending more for the right bag.

Thoughts?

2. rollafan

rollafan Senior member

Tumis are very nice. Can't go wrong with them. Folks over on flyertalk can definitely help you with that for sure.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

tumi is nowwhere near as sturdy as they used to be, tumi is better for tourists than serious fliers.

briggs and riley is the way to go.

I have two briggs and riley roll on briefcases - catalogue case and large leather breifcase. I wouldn't go with leather again, but the design is good. both would hold two laptops and a bunch of other stuff.

4. rollafan

rollafan Senior member

Dang, can't believe I forgot about them. Also, redoxx are pretty good as well.

5. Kai

Kai Senior member

6. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

Thanks for the valuable opinions guys. I have been looking at Redoxx- seen a few of them around and they look like possibly a good, low cost, option. I'll update you if and when I buy something.

7. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

I think the obvious answer is to have a piece commissioned at Hermes