Frequent Denim Washing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Diamonds-By-Simon, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Diamonds-By-Simon

Diamonds-By-Simon Senior member

Hi -

I have recently started wearing better denim(APC, Acne, Rogan... but hope to get into a few more) and have become very fond of them. However, I will soon be working in a place where my jeans will get a bit dirty(visibly) and require frequent washings. Which denim brands would some of you recommend for this situation?

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

2. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

What happened to the 7s, R&R comment by our soon-to-be best friend RedScarf7?

3. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

^ What he said applies here.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Earnest Sewn... soft and comfortable to move around in, and available in a variety of washes that don't offend. I'm a fan.

5. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

^ What he said applies here.

werd.

6. Diamonds-By-Simon

Diamonds-By-Simon Senior member

yes, i have a few earnest sewn as well. i'm not in love with them and they are pretty pricey for something to work in. i will check out a few different cuts and see how they stack up. thank you for the suggestion.

7. izlat

izlat Senior member

I've seen very cheap Earnest at Off S5Ave a couple of years ago... not sure if they still have them though

8. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

If you want to wash them a lot get some pre-faded stuff. Most is gaudy in my opinion but Acne and KMW make some nice washed imo.

9. Torn

Torn Well-Known Member

What kind of job is it? If its a job that doesn't require you to have clean jeans, just get used to them being dirty and enjoy the interesting wear.

10. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

11. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I find this recent obsession (last few years) with keeping denim unwashed and preserving the fade, interesting and comical. Dirty pants suck-period. There is nothing cool about them. If you have them, stay away from my house because we won't let you sit on the furniture.

If your jeans are dirty, wash them! Turn them inside out and wash on cold water. Hang to dry. They will stay dark for a long time and still get nice, natural wear and fade.

Washing jeans will not destroy your chances for getting laid or ruin your personality.

Trend alert- the NYTimes highlighted recently an emerging hot brand of womens jeans that they describe as "boyfriend" jeans for women. They are well faded and loose. Trends must change, be ready for SF threads in about a year titled "How do I get my jeans to fade?"

12. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

I find this recent obsession (last few years) with keeping denim unwashed and preserving the fade, interesting and comical. Dirty pants suck-period. There is nothing cool about them. If you have them, stay away from my house because we won't let you sit on the furniture.

If your jeans are dirty, wash them! Turn them inside out and wash on cold water. Hang to dry. They will stay dark for a long time and still get nice, natural wear and fade.

Washing jeans will not destroy your chances for getting laid or ruin your personality.

Trend alert- the NYTimes highlighted recently an emerging hot brand of womens jeans that they describe as "boyfriend" jeans for women. They are well faded and loose. Trends must change, be ready for SF threads in about a year titled "How do I get my jeans to fade?"

What a childish, condescending post.

13. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

^ I thought this forum was cluttered with threads about getting jeans to fade?

14. Tourangh

Tourangh Senior member

A pair of japanese denim that looses it indigo less quickly than some other brands or you could go with somthing on the cheaper side like APC or CM and just not worry about them. Also remember that washing jeans doesent mean you wont get fades etc.. Just that the contrast of the fades will be less because the overall jean color will because of indigo loss from washes. Also you could soak them or hand wash to get minimal indigo loss.

15. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

You take this way too seriously if you interpret this as condescending.

What a childish, condescending post.