• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it RJ. One of my favorite articles of yours.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
great article but I had trouble finding it.... here it is:

Thanks! Wasn’t sure if I would cross a line in violation of the no-advertising/spamming policy here if I posted it myself.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great article and only now I notice that I've been following you in tumblr for a while.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Wasn’t sure if I would cross a line in violation of the no-advertising/spamming policy here if I posted it myself.
Do you know how closely the berluti style (if there even is such a thing) resembles the Arnys style ? I would argue that berluti caters to a different clientele than arnys but maybe I am wrong.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you know how closely the berluti style (if there even is such a thing) resembles the Arnys style ?
Not. At. All. Apart from the occasional collaboration with one of the Arnys designers for an accessory now and then. I mean, the custom suits are more or less in the Parisian style, and will be even more so now that Smalto alum Sirven has joined them.
Great article and only now I notice that I've been following you in tumblr for a while.
Oh hai. Always nice to e-meet a follower who's not a pr0n bot.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not. At. All. Apart from the occasional collaboration with one of the Arnys designers for an accessory now and then. I mean, the custom suits are more or less in the Parisian style, and will be even more so now that Smalto alum Sirven has joined them.
Thank you, yes that's right sirven was also added to the LVMH empire...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured something was up with Sirven when their normal Instagram page stopped working and everything moved to his personal Instagram. The shop Instagram page went down like 2 months before they made the announcement on his personal Instagram.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured something was up with Sirven when their normal Instagram page stopped working and everything moved to his personal Instagram. The shop Instagram page went down like 2 months before they made the announcement on his personal Instagram.
you are a real detective on instagram;)

even when talking to berluti employees they admit that there is a certain identity missing when it comes to their bespoke tailoring. wonder if this will change with all the acquisitions or will it be just the french version of kiton - only focused on oil $$$ for people that don't care if a suit is $5k or $15k.

bryan_kumara

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just received an MTM suit from Ardentes Clipei in Fresco

Attachments

• Ardentes Clipei.png
    Ardentes Clipei.png
    989.5 KB · Views: 971

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score

Apart from the Forestierre. I have Arny's and Berluti ones.

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
I finally got my Cifo Travel Jacket. It’s blue cashmere. Quite simply amazing. It doesn’t feel like I am wearing a jacket. And an absolute pleasure to be able to cross your arms without feeling like the back is going to rip like you are the hulk.

I love it.

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
I’m surprised Daniel Lévy is not getting a mention in here when it comes to bespoke shirts. I have a wardrobe full of them. Also, he has just started making a very comfortable bespoke jacket.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just received an MTM suit from Ardentes Clipei in Fresco

Wow that style looks great! Was this from the demi-mesure line made in Portugal? Prices looks pretty resonable too for good mtm. Although my only point of reference is Saman Amel which is on the higher end of mtm I would presume.

bryan_kumara

Reaction score
Wow that style looks great! Was this from the demi-mesure line made in Portugal? Prices looks pretty resonable too for good mtm. Although my only point of reference is Saman Amel which is on the higher end of mtm I would presume.
Yes, this was the demi-mesure line in Portugal. I was quoted EUR1225 and given the end result I am quite satisfied. I did ask Romain to take in my waist a bit, but given the current situation it'll be a while before alterations are finished.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads