• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

Reaction score
Hey fellow francophiles!

I've caught the parisian tailoring fever since stumbling across the Stark and Sons instagram page. I found the close cut chest, long lapel lines, and heavily roped shoulders very refreshing as opposed to the southern Italian style that still is going strong.

I tried looking through this thead and searching the internet for reviews of Stark and sons tailoring but couldn't find any :/ I think they offer some kind of made to measure but more information than that does their website not disclose. Neither price or level of make.

Has anyone here hade something made from them and want to share the experience and result? Are there other suit makers in paris or elsewhere who makes suits in a similar style (rtw or mtm)? Roped shoulders, fishmouth lapels etc.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey fellow francophiles!

I've caught the parisian tailoring fever since stumbling across the Stark and Sons instagram page. I found the close cut chest, long lapel lines, and heavily roped shoulders very refreshing as opposed to the southern Italian style that still is going strong.

I tried looking through this thead and searching the internet for reviews of Stark and sons tailoring but couldn't find any :/ I think they offer some kind of made to measure but more information than that does their website not disclose. Neither price or level of make.

Has anyone here hade something made from them and want to share the experience and result? Are there other suit makers in paris or elsewhere who makes suits in a similar style (rtw or mtm)? Roped shoulders, fishmouth lapels etc.

Stark has greatly improved since Camps de Luca took it over. Cut in Paris and assembled in Italy. Excellent. Paul Lux of Instagram and tumblr is a friend and frequent client of theirs.

Reaction score
Stark has greatly improved since Camps de Luca took it over. Cut in Paris and assembled in Italy. Excellent. Paul Lux of Instagram and tumblr is a friend and frequent client of theirs.

Sounds promising! Those were the pictures that got me interested in the brand :) Maybe I should reach out to him.

Saw a few negative comments about Stark & sons in the beginning of this thread. Possibly before Camps de Luca took over.

Any idea about price range? Are we talking 1000 euros or +2000 € for a two piece suit?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given that it's a Parisian tailor, I expect it to be more than 2000 €.

simian

Reaction score
Hey fellow francophiles!

Sorry for the late reply.

I have made several items from Stark and Sons in the last one year (the latest was just before the summer holidays). Two suits, one blazer and trousers, one sport coat and trousers.

My impression is very positive in terms of the both what they make and the quality of their services. Charles de Luca is a craftsman par excellence and is extremely exacting about the details of the garment. I will likely get something done early next year. Of course, you have to like what they do - close cut, deeply structured shoulders, etc..

Prices obviously vary depending on what cloth you choose, but from my recollection, suits are around EUR 2,500; sport coats around EUR 1,800 and trousers around EUR 800.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W
Sorry for the late reply.

I have made several items from Stark and Sons in the last one year (the latest was just before the summer holidays). Two suits, one blazer and trousers, one sport coat and trousers.

My impression is very positive in terms of the both what they make and the quality of their services. Charles de Luca is a craftsman par excellence and is extremely exacting about the details of the garment. I will likely get something done early next year. Of course, you have to like what they do - close cut, deeply structured shoulders, etc..

Prices obviously vary depending on what cloth you choose, but from my recollection, suits are around EUR 2,500; sport coats around EUR 1,800 and trousers around EUR 800.
would you mind sharing some pics of your steaks& son suits and jackets ? From what I found online it looks great but real examples would be great.

simian

Reaction score
W

would you mind sharing some pics of your steaks& son suits and jackets ? From what I found online it looks great but real examples would be great.
I suggest going through the instagram of @SeamasterLux . Lots of pics. I tried them on his recommendation.

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
W

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yo yo, in the last few months a journalist wrote a memoir comparing the history of the family behind Arnys with that of his own, and I reviewed it with my own experience with the house. Review up on the No man Walks Alone site #NWA

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads