• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Without wishing to spam the forum, I did want to let fans of French hashtag menswear know that I will be signing copies of my memoir about poetic Paris luxury clothing, Swan Songs: Souvenirs of Paris Elegance, on October 20 from 6-7 PM at the vintage shop Chato Lufsen at 41, rue de Verneuil in the seventh arrondissement of Paris. Anyone happening to be in the area at that time will be welcome to stop by. While Chato will have a few copies on hand to sell, I'd encourage readers to order their own copies online about 10-14 days in advance if I can be so presumptuous as to hope anyone passes by. @am55 , I know you claim to be my alt but as Rjmbaud wrote, Réginald-Jérôme de Mans est un autre," and I hope you can come to town.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad I’ll only be in Paris until October 16th!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

BSR

Reaction score
Has Kenjiro Suzuki closed? His instagram account is nowhere to be found anymore.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C6CA86E9-3C2F-462E-ADA8-7DDC918117D8.png

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a fitting at Atelier de Luca. Strong shoulders and clean chest. The coat looks like it will be reminiscent of the coats worn by Hugo Jacomet on his videos

MontyLo

Reaction score
After another long dormant period, seems to happen a lot while in residency, I’ve managed to catch up a bit with happenings on the forum. Recently I’ve been in Cameroon and packed my copy of Swan Songs for some in flight reading. Naturally both of those circumstances got me thinking about all manner of things French and sartorial.

Attached are a few photos from an unseasonably warm day in September wearing my Smalto suit, previously mentioned here but rarely worn or photographed. While this is obviously a ready to wear item I do enjoy the styling of it and the fit, in my humble opinion, is fair for off the rack with minimal adjustment. The shoulders are a bit more structured than I’d typically select for a cloth like this, but the cloth itself is excellent and a bit heavier than most other cotton suits I’ve worn. The trousers are quite comfortable and this has become a sort of go to for summer weddings, or just lazy warm days (as it was worn in these photos).

D5139F38-9628-427C-8C75-853383AEA32A.jpeg
C3B24EE1-72EF-4E62-8691-69D80DEF9BA4.jpeg
C8CAF073-C653-4D9E-BDDC-77D39436F3BB.jpeg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the mention! They really leaned in to the Smalto lapel on that suit, it looks like what kenjiro suzuki was doing (he’s now in liquidation tho).

MontyLo

Reaction score
Thanks for the mention! They really leaned in to the Smalto lapel on that suit, it looks like what kenjiro suzuki was doing (he’s now in liquidation tho).

It’s a fantastic read, thank you for putting it into the world!

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you know what happened to Kenjiro’s operation? He seemed busy as per his IG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads