• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question again and I think I asked it while ago already but has anyone here experience with lanvin bespoke suits/ shirts - hard to find pics online and they never answer any of my emails.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no idea, by the way is lavin bespoke paris only?

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no idea, by the way is lavin bespoke paris only?
I guess its over - that's why they never responded to my emails: Or am I reading this article wrong?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice to meet you - I have been stalking both of you on instagram and I keep looking at your pics of suits/ jackets even though I only wear sweatpants since I am working from home.

You are the most qualified person in this thread now - I am sure Ill ask you many questions in the near future:)

Are you planning on travelling with the Arnys tailor to the West Coast once covid is over ?

what’s the Instagram handle?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was part of a team that did a project for Khashoggi. I say team because it was such a big project it took 10 or 12 individual shops to create all the clothes.The designs were divided between different makers. My part was formal wear.
Those were interesting times!

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was part of a team that did a project for Khashoggi. I say team because it was such a big project it took 10 or 12 individual shops to create all the clothes.The designs were divided between different makers. My part was formal wear.
Those were interesting times!
very cool. so can you confirm that Lanvin bespoke in paris is dead. Or do they still offer the true bespoke RJ Man describes?

Aydee_g

Reaction score
I guess its over - that's why they never responded to my emails: Or am I reading this article wrong?

Yes
very cool. so can you confirm that Lanvin bespoke in paris is dead. Or do they still offer the true bespoke RJ Man describes?
As I previously worked for Lanvin and because my atelier is in the building next to them, I know for a fact that they closed it. Because most of the workers have been hired by Smalto and the others fired.
That is really sad...
For Lanvin bespoke work, search for Jacques Chirac and the Aga Khan :)

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes

As I previously worked for Lanvin and because my atelier is in the building next to them, I know for a fact that they closed it. Because most of the workers have been hired by Smalto and the others fired.
That is really sad...
For Lanvin bespoke work, search for Jacques Chirac and the Aga Khan :)
Thank you and indeed very sad. I remember Jacques Chirac but will check out Ag Khan. In your opinion who makes the best bespoke shirts in paris?

Aydee_g

Reaction score
Thank you and indeed very sad. I remember Jacques Chirac but will check out Ag Khan. In your opinion who makes the best bespoke shirts in paris?
I would definitely say Courtot but since we arrived at Berluti we started to work with Marc Déchame and I’m pretty pleased with how the shirts turned out. We take the measurements, he makes a fitting that we try on the client and then the final shirt. I think he also works directly with some clients (might be less expensive ?).

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would definitely say Courtot but since we arrived at Berluti we started to work with Marc Déchame and I’m pretty pleased with how the shirts turned out. We take the measurements, he makes a fitting that we try on the client and then the final shirt. I think he also works directly with some clients (might be less expensive ?).
Interesting, but I am looking for true bespoke shirts and not some MTM version - I had too many MTM shirt makers call it bespoke. Do Marc Dechame and Courtot create an actual bespoke pattern for their clients?
What do you think about Charvet?

Aydee_g

Reaction score
Interesting, but I am looking for true bespoke shirts and not some MTM version - I had too many MTM shirt makers call it bespoke. Do Marc Dechame and Courtot create an actual bespoke pattern for their clients?
What do you think about Charvet?
Yes it is real bespoke shirts. Both make their individual patterns as we do. The only thing with Déchame at Berluti is we are his eyes and hand during the fitting. But I think we know a things or two regarding bespoke fittings ?
I don’t like Charvet. I think it is overrated, the cut is so old and the finish details are blah.
I just ask my boyfriend who said “if I had to pay for my shirts it would be Courtot”
I also just thought of a really good bespoke shirtmaker in Geneva : Revenga

Aydee_g

Reaction score
All Lanvin bespoke!
The collar and lapel are classic parisian and the cut is pretty classic.
Not the best work on some of the sleeves ? It has become so hard to find a good sleeve maker, most of them have long passed the retirement age but are still working!

9E44B0AD-0E13-415C-8472-FDA1C30E3AB2.png
0001CDAD-25DB-43DB-ADC0-6A33DD05BF96.png
B4488346-61B7-4D09-8924-87BB8E3D2CCB.png
B5206075-1FAA-4A41-B552-5A34DCD10F98.png
21051D3A-136F-4202-B246-3E041DFF3C09.png
580A2AC4-4BD1-4DFC-A740-32A3B20CF237.jpeg
0001CDAD-25DB-43DB-ADC0-6A33DD05BF96.png
B4488346-61B7-4D09-8924-87BB8E3D2CCB.png
B5206075-1FAA-4A41-B552-5A34DCD10F98.png
21051D3A-136F-4202-B246-3E041DFF3C09.png
580A2AC4-4BD1-4DFC-A740-32A3B20CF237.jpeg

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it is real bespoke shirts. Both make their individual patterns as we do. The only thing with Déchame at Berluti is we are his eyes and hand during the fitting. But I think we know a things or two regarding bespoke fittings ?
I don’t like Charvet. I think it is overrated, the cut is so old and the finish details are blah.
I just ask my boyfriend who said “if I had to pay for my shirts it would be Courtot”
I also just thought of a really good bespoke shirtmaker in Geneva : Revenga
Great advice thank you! I have heard of Courtot but never heard of Revenga but Geneva is a bit far away for me. I am never there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads