• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I recall, CdL used to travel to N America and Asia from time to time, but this stopped completely several years ago for reasons which weren't and aren't clear to me. Either Julien or Marc (I can't remember which) used to visit Asia, and three or four years ago I expressed an interest to their agent in HK. Neither he, nor CdL when I contacted them directly, could give me an idea when they would next come to these parts. Eventually I gave up on them (as travelling to Paris for fittings isn't practical). Shame, as I like their look much more than Cifo's.
I remember seeing on their website their travel schedule which included NYC, Singapore, and HK. It’s a shame that they basically only travel to Moscow.

Lorenzo Cifonelli loves to travel though which is great. Before Covid, he was traveling everywhere for trunk shows. Makes Cifonelli more accessible.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cifonelli seems to travel pretty consistently, at least when I inquired pre COVID it was twice a year in NYC?

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for Cifo clients: is Gabriel Gonzalez still there?
I would just email them and ask but I remember reading somewhere in this thread that he is semi retired but works for existing clients out of the Cfio atelier.

Aydee_g

Reaction score
I would just email them and ask but I remember reading somewhere in this thread that he is semi retired but works for existing clients out of the Cfio atelier.
Mister Gonzalez has stopped working with Cifo a few years ago. Then he became a flying tailor ?
And he has been seen at Brahim Bouloujour for like two years, tried a quick stop (3 days at Sirven) then few months at CdL.
Not sure where he is now... Maybe confined due to Covid ?

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha Maison Sirven surely was cheaper before LVMH stopped by... But now there’s a view ! ?
So as @dauster said prices starts at 6900€ and the VAT is of course deductible !!
Man I was so excited to get a jacket made and they promised me access to their beautiful roof top... covid messed it all up

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share these three Arnys/ Berluti sports coats. They lock amazing to me, I especially like the leather lining on the pockets. I assume most here would still prefer Cifo or CdL but Sirven and the Arnys team really make some amazing garments - just wish they were not affiliated with LVMH so that they would be more affordable.
But I remember just before Covid, I was told the Arnys team travels very frequently to the West Coast - that would make it very appealing, as far as I understand nobody else (only Cifo to NYC) from Paris frequents the West Coast.

Attachments

• IMG-2947.PNG
    IMG-2947.PNG
    610.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG-3293.PNG
    IMG-3293.PNG
    527.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG-3296.PNG
    IMG-3296.PNG
    552.8 KB · Views: 138

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 2nd one buttoning point is too high for my taste, prefer say the 3rd one, not sure I want leather lining or if they do it better make it not visible, at least for me

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2nd one buttoning point is too high for my taste, prefer say the 3rd one, not sure I want leather lining or if they do it better make it not visible, at least for me
I've noticed that a lot of the Sirven items tend to have a really high buttoning point than what I'm used to seeing.

Aydee_g

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of the Sirven items tend to have a really high buttoning point than what I'm used to seeing.
Being Smalto babies, Sirven style kept the 2nd buttoning in front of the pockets. And yes buttonings and waist line tend to be a little higher than some others tailors. The idea is to have a sexy suit with elongated silhouette... ?
I don’t know about the Arnys style though.

Aydee_g

Reaction score
I don’t really like breast piped pocket and even less with leather, too loud for my taste. Maybe a suede leather would be more subtle?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would now want to see piping period, I mean lined the interior with suede/leather whatever fine, but I don't want to see the piping

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads