• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

Reaction score
Hey fellow francophiles!

I've caught the parisian tailoring fever since stumbling across the Stark and Sons instagram page. I found the close cut chest, long lapel lines, and heavily roped shoulders very refreshing as opposed to the southern Italian style that still is going strong.

I tried looking through this thead and searching the internet for reviews of Stark and sons tailoring but couldn't find any :/ I think they offer some kind of made to measure but more information than that does their website not disclose. Neither price or level of make.

Has anyone here hade something made from them and want to share the experience and result? Are there other suit makers in paris or elsewhere who makes suits in a similar style (rtw or mtm)? Roped shoulders, fishmouth lapels etc.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey fellow francophiles!

I've caught the parisian tailoring fever since stumbling across the Stark and Sons instagram page. I found the close cut chest, long lapel lines, and heavily roped shoulders very refreshing as opposed to the southern Italian style that still is going strong.

I tried looking through this thead and searching the internet for reviews of Stark and sons tailoring but couldn't find any :/ I think they offer some kind of made to measure but more information than that does their website not disclose. Neither price or level of make.

Has anyone here hade something made from them and want to share the experience and result? Are there other suit makers in paris or elsewhere who makes suits in a similar style (rtw or mtm)? Roped shoulders, fishmouth lapels etc.

Stark has greatly improved since Camps de Luca took it over. Cut in Paris and assembled in Italy. Excellent. Paul Lux of Instagram and tumblr is a friend and frequent client of theirs.

Reaction score
Stark has greatly improved since Camps de Luca took it over. Cut in Paris and assembled in Italy. Excellent. Paul Lux of Instagram and tumblr is a friend and frequent client of theirs.
Sounds promising! Those were the pictures that got me interested in the brand :) Maybe I should reach out to him.

Saw a few negative comments about Stark & sons in the beginning of this thread. Possibly before Camps de Luca took over.

Any idea about price range? Are we talking 1000 euros or +2000 € for a two piece suit?

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given that it's a Parisian tailor, I expect it to be more than 2000 €.

simian

Reaction score
Hey fellow francophiles!

Sorry for the late reply.

I have made several items from Stark and Sons in the last one year (the latest was just before the summer holidays). Two suits, one blazer and trousers, one sport coat and trousers.

My impression is very positive in terms of the both what they make and the quality of their services. Charles de Luca is a craftsman par excellence and is extremely exacting about the details of the garment. I will likely get something done early next year. Of course, you have to like what they do - close cut, deeply structured shoulders, etc..

Prices obviously vary depending on what cloth you choose, but from my recollection, suits are around EUR 2,500; sport coats around EUR 1,800 and trousers around EUR 800.

dauster

Reaction score
W
Sorry for the late reply.

I have made several items from Stark and Sons in the last one year (the latest was just before the summer holidays). Two suits, one blazer and trousers, one sport coat and trousers.

My impression is very positive in terms of the both what they make and the quality of their services. Charles de Luca is a craftsman par excellence and is extremely exacting about the details of the garment. I will likely get something done early next year. Of course, you have to like what they do - close cut, deeply structured shoulders, etc..

Prices obviously vary depending on what cloth you choose, but from my recollection, suits are around EUR 2,500; sport coats around EUR 1,800 and trousers around EUR 800.
would you mind sharing some pics of your steaks& son suits and jackets ? From what I found online it looks great but real examples would be great.

simian

Reaction score
W

would you mind sharing some pics of your steaks& son suits and jackets ? From what I found online it looks great but real examples would be great.
I suggest going through the instagram of @SeamasterLux . Lots of pics. I tried them on his recommendation.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yo yo, in the last few months a journalist wrote a memoir comparing the history of the family behind Arnys with that of his own, and I reviewed it with my own experience with the house. Review up on the No man Walks Alone site #NWA

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.