• We would like welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

French Picnic in VIRGINIA Vineyard

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
I will be there with a few friends, been to many of the restaurants the various chefs work at. should be awesome food. and the weather looks promising

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pauliodotnet
I will be there with a few friends, been to many of the restaurants the various chefs work at. should be awesome food. and the weather looks promising

Aside from my unhealthy love of pork, the chef's are the other reason I'm going being a near-regular/regular at The Willard Room, Cafe du Parc, Central, and Citronelle... I'm hoping to catch Chef Richard in a rare moment of sobriety.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be there too! Looking forward to it...

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VIP tenting it? I asked and they said it just means you don't have to pay extra for extra wine. Since I'm going for the food and need to drive home, I didn't find that to be much of an incentive.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
VIP tenting it? I asked and they said it just means you don't have to pay extra for extra wine. Since I'm going for the food and need to drive home, I didn't find that to be much of an incentive.
I tried to VIP tent it, but there weren't enough tickets left! Oh well... I just hope it doesn't rain!

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
I tried to VIP tent it, but there weren't enough tickets left! Oh well... I just hope it doesn't rain!

Ah, there were some left when I got my GA ticket earlier in the week, but when I called in and talked to someone, they said there would be tables with and without umbrellas for GA seats. It looks like the weather will be nice though... gotta reserve my rental car now.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Ah, there were some left when I got my GA ticket earlier in the week, but when I called in and talked to someone, they said there would be tables with and without umbrellas for GA seats. It looks like the weather will be nice though... gotta reserve my rental car now.
Have you thought about what you're going to wear? What do you imagine everyone else will be wearing? Gold Cup attire?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about what you're going to wear? What do you imagine everyone else will be wearing? Gold Cup attire?

I thought about it, then gave up once the rain hit. It's a tough call since it's the end of September so no seer and likely no linen.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
well, the rain is stopping, and it is supposed to be cloudy, and around 80. I was going to do the Gold Cup attire, but maybe some slacks and a sports coat, going to keep it light though. I imagine it might be a little muddy.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, the rain is stopping, and it is supposed to be cloudy, and around 80. I was going to do the Gold Cup attire, but maybe some slacks and a sports coat, going to keep it light though. I imagine it might be a little muddy.
Yeah -- I thought about mud too!
If it had been dry I was all set to wear some suede bluchers... oh well!

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah -- I thought about mud too!
If it had been dry I was all set to wear some suede bluchers... oh well!

Hah! That's what I was looking at... a suede pair of AEs I had, but now I might go with my C&J Tetbury's because of the mud.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
im going bare feet, jeans rolled up huck finn style, and a wife beater.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im going bare feet, jeans rolled up huck finn style, and a wife beater.

You'll win if there's a grape stomping competition.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 77 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%