• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French phrase Ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of someplace (this side of the Atlantic) where I could procure some t-shirts with French words or phrases on them, preferably offensive/profane? The idea of announcing to any passerby something rather rude, without their knowledge, appeals deeply to my subversive side...

Lydia

Reaction score
Does anyone know of someplace (this side of the Atlantic) where I could procure some t-shirts with French words or phrases on them, preferably offensive/profane? The idea of announcing to any passerby something rather rude, without their knowledge, appeals deeply to my subversive side...
If you really don't want people to understand perhaps you should try Sanskrit. Or better yet, Sogdian or Neo-Bactrian or something.

I mean, if you want to be the pretentious ass you claim you are...

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Edward Appleby @ May 06 2005,17:16) Does anyone know of someplace (this side of the Atlantic) where I could procure some t-shirts with French words or phrases on them, preferably offensive/profane? The idea of announcing to any passerby something rather rude, without their knowledge, appeals deeply to my subversive side...
If you really don't want people to understand perhaps you should try Sanskrit. Â Or better yet, Sogdian or Neo-Bactrian or something. I mean, if you want to be the pretentious ass you claim you are...
This is not a bad idea, but said Ts would be even more difficult to acquire. Besides, the French language has, for non-native speakers, a delightful inherent pomposity.

Oltmann

Reaction score
Latin would be best, after all:

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latin would be best, after all:

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Latin would be good too, but French has that bit of hipster spice to it that's always fun to dabble in.

In related news, after a several-year hiatus, my school has finally decided to renounce its Philistinian stance and resume Latin classes year after next, just in time for my planned schedule to not permit me to take it.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ernest should be able to provide you with some delightfully whimsical little phrases.

LE MARRON EST POUR LE FERMIER.

LES SOULIERS DE CROCODILE SONT POUR LES GANGSTERS.

Malheureusement telles choses seraient même plus dures à acquÃ
00a9.png
rir.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that you in your icon?
Hardly. It's Max Fischer from Wes Anderson's film Rushmore. Edward Appleby is another character in (talked about and alluded to, actually) the film.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
00a9.png
rir.
I'm beginning to think that I should just have them custom-made.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll do em for you
smile.gif
Seriously? That would be great. It'll probably be in a couple of months, when I get some money in.

Brian SD

Reaction score
(Brian SD @ May 06 2005,20:18) I'll do em for you
smile.gif

Seriously? That would be great. It'll probably be in a couple of months, when I get some money in.
Well, sure why not. If you send me the shirt and pay like $20 extra for the screen, other materials and the 4-5 hours it takes to make one. Hell, I'll design it for free, because I like designing.
smile.gif
PM me in a couple months or whatever and we'll talk.

PHV

Reaction score
Most losers or "wannabes" tend to use or incorporate foreign languages in their vocabulary in order to impress their audience.

French being my first language, I think that it is so sad when i hear loser english people using french expressions to sound intelligent and sophisticated, which to any french speaker makes them look like a complete moron.

T-SHIRTS WITH FRENCH SWEARS OR INSULTS DO NOT MAKE YOU COOL BUT RATHER A SAD SAD PATHETIC PEASANT

alchimiste

Reaction score
Ernest should be able to provide you with some delightfully whimsical little phrases.

LE MARRON EST POUR LE FERMIER.

LES SOULIERS DE CROCODILE SONT POUR LES GANGSTERS.

00a9.png
rir.
LE MARRON C'EST BON POUR LES FERMIERS .

LES POMPES EN CROCO C'EST POUR LES GANGSTERS .

Malheureusement DE telles choses seraient ENCORE plus dures à acquÃ
00a9.png
rir.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most losers or "wannabes" tend to use or incorporate foreign languages in their vocabulary in order to impress their audience.

French being my first language, I think that it is so sad when i hear loser english people using french expressions to sound intelligent and sophisticated, which to any french speaker makes them look like a complete moron.

T-SHIRTS WITH FRENCH SWEARS OR INSULTS DO NOT MAKE YOU COOL BUT RATHER A SAD SAD PATHETIC PEASANT
I'm not planning to wear the damn thing around France. Also, French words have been incorporated into English since 1066 (and before.)

Mostly, I'm doing it to have a bit of fun with the "FRANCE SUCKS OLOLO..1111 LOL THEY EET CHEEZ...111" folks, who will naturally assume that anyone with French on his shirt is clearly a homosexual, or worse, a liberal, and will be ignorant of the fact that in fact I'm expressing, perhaps, a rather saucy intention towards his mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics