1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

French phrase Ts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Edward Appleby, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHV

PHV Senior member

(PHV @ May 07 2005,23:20)
    Damn, chill out PHV.
    How do you know a frenchman has been in your backyard? Your garbage cans are knocked over and your dog is pregnant.

It's strange that telling jokes about African Americans, Mexicans and Jewish people aren't as acceptable to equally racist remarks about the French. Funny enough, most of those comments come from intellectual midgets most of the time.
    The French aren't a race you dolt. People don't typically make racist comments about African-Americans, either. Â They make racist comments about black people. I'd suggest you avoid looking down on people in the future, lest you feel the wrath of the Canadian race.
    Ok, so the French are not a race. It's still wrong. And again, it always seems to come from people like you. Where are you from, o illustrious one?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Actually, this can lead to severe reprecussions in some cases.

3. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

but if you want to make a comment about black lesbians, no one is going to stop you or provide censure.
    Actually, this can lead to severe reprecussions in some cases.
    These are also instances wherein it would be inappropriate to make an off-color (get it?) remark about whites.

4. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

(orbitingio @ May 08 2005,11:54)
    Damn, chill out PHV.
    How do you know a frenchman has been in your backyard? Your garbage cans are knocked over and your dog is pregnant.

It's strange that telling jokes about African Americans, Mexicans and Jewish people aren't as acceptable to equally racist remarks about the French. Funny enough, most of those comments come from intellectual midgets most of the time.

The French aren't a race you dolt. People don't typically make racist comments about African-Americans, either. They make racist comments about black people. I'd suggest you avoid looking down on people in the future, lest you feel the wrath of the Canadian race.
    Ok, so the French are not a race. It's still wrong. And again, it always seems to come from people like you. Where are you from, o illustrious one?
    It's not "wrong," necessarily. I've no real interest in getting in e-pissing contests with someone with such a pointless and unjustified superiority contest (not to mention someone who's so poorly equipped to do so), but I'll elaborate on that: Most people who make "French" jokes are: a.) not serious and b.) not funny The only real inherent "wrong" aspect that I see to it is that these people have a seriously underdeveloped sense of humor in the vast majority of cases. Although there will be occasional bits of "fresh" humor in regard to any given nationality, etc. it's typically an entire arsenal of jokes that are long past their expiration date. Obviously, in the instance that it's someone who actively dislikes the French, they've probably got bigger problems than telling bad jokes. Disliking an entire nationality or race is symptomatic of a number of massive character flaws. Anyhow, it's not as though there aren't three billion "American" jokes (many of which you'll hear coming from American mouths.), most of which are equally unfunny.

5. ken

ken Senior member

Name one.

6. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

7. PHV

PHV Senior member

(PHV @ May 08 2005,14:16)
    Damn, chill out PHV.

The French aren't a race you dolt. People don't typically make racist comments about African-Americans, either. Â They make racist comments about black people. I'd suggest you avoid looking down on people in the future, lest you feel the wrath of the Canadian race.

It's not "wrong," necessarily. Â I've no real interest in getting in e-pissing contests with someone with such a pointless and unjustified superiority contest (not to mention someone who's so poorly equipped to do so), but I'll elaborate on that: Most people who make "French" jokes are: a.) not serious and b.) not funny The only real inherent "wrong" aspect that I see to it is that these people have a seriously underdeveloped sense of humor in the vast majority of cases. Â Although there will be occasional bits of "fresh" humor in regard to any given nationality, etc. it's typically an entire arsenal of jokes that are long past their expiration date. Obviously, in the instance that it's someone who actively dislikes the French, they've probably got bigger problems than telling bad jokes. Â Disliking an entire nationality or race is symptomatic of a number of massive character flaws. Anyhow, it's not as though there aren't three billion "American" jokes (many of which you'll hear coming from American mouths.), most of which are equally unfunny.
    Jokes are meant to be funny. I laugh at "racist" jokes, but anti-French sentiments in the US have existed for a while now, and the comments that are often made are more out of contempt than humor. O, and orbiwhatever, you assume a great deal. Worry about your own equipment, or lack thereof.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

This conversation is over now. Thanks.

9. LA Guy

You guys heard Brian. Thread locked. And I'm deleting all the posts with the taste-questionable jokes. If you feel the need, go to the GQ forum for this type of stuff.

10. LA Guy

I decided in trying to edit this thread to non-stupid/offensive that it was just not worth the hassle, and have just moved it. Hope you have objections Brian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.