• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Hip-Hop anyone ?

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
I been hooked on the stuff for the past 2-3 weeks and I usually don´t listen to Hip Hop!!! Anybody else have an interest in French Hip-Hop? I can say hands down its better then alot of the "bling bling" cultured hip-hop out there right now !

Oxmo Puccino - 365 Jours
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

their´s also,

IAM-NÃ
00a9.png
s sous la même Ã
00a9.png
toile
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

&

Kheops - Sad Hill (samples the good, the bad and the ugly score)

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back when I used to watch to the digital cable electronic music station (Origens?) ca. 2002 or so, they always used to play this rap song called "The Jam". The verses were in French, but the chorus was "yo yo yo we got the jam." I've never been able to find it since, but it was catchy as hell.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MC Solaar is fantastic.

"Nouveau Western" (great video):

"Un Ange En Danger" (great bass by Ron Carter):

"The Good, The Bad (Le Bien, Le Mal)" (with Guru):

"Carpe Diem"

"Da Vinci Claude"

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's hip hop or not but I have listened to Daara J for several years.

Gorthaur Melwasul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
I don't know if it's hip hop or not but I have listened to Daara J for several years.

Yes, Daara J is an amazing Senegalese Hip Hop crew.
Basically with their "rival" Positive Black Soul, they introduced me to Rap.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Ah haa yes MC Solaar, he´s a old school cat aswell with the late MC Guru and Gangstarr. @Britalian i´m checking Daara J out aswell, good stuff... Daara J - Esperanza!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't open any of the YouTube links posted except for mine.

When posting YouTube links, put only the part of link AFTER the = sign in the YouTube wrap [ YOUTUBE] link [/YOUTUBE ].

I.E.: only the part bolded in red below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4T81ZvpXE

Pangolin

Reaction score

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really now what the difference is between hip hop and rap seeing as they are not something I listen to regularly but this one that comes to mind

Prince

Reaction score
I've been listening to it a lot in my teens. The only group that sticks around these days for me is Fonky Family. Love that stuff. Also Saian Supa Crew is pretty good.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by octopandda

^ a masterpiece

Imho, IAM remains unsurpassed to this day. Their 1997 album L' Ecole du Micro d'Argent marks the culmination of the 1990-2000 golden age of French hip hop.

L'Ecole du micro d'argent

La Saga ft. Sunz of Man

Le cotÃ
00a9.png
obscur

Un cri court dans la nuit

The first solo albums of its two main MCs Akhenaton and Shurik'n are really good too.

Akhenaton - Face B

Akhenaton - PromethÃ
00a9.png
e

Shurik'n - J'attends

Shurik'n - J'lève mon verre

Old school MC Solaar's Prose combat is a gem.

Sequelles

Claire fontaine

Concubine de l'hÃ
00a9.png
moglobine

Couldn't find much on youtube but NTM is a classic too.

Qu'est-ce qu'on attend

Nas ft NTM - Affirmative action

Originally Posted by Prince
I've been listening to it a lot in my teens. The only group that sticks around these days for me is Fonky Family. Love that stuff. Also Saian Supa Crew is pretty good.

Saian Supa Crew is great fun, everyone was going crazy about them when I was in HS.

A Co' Mow

Polices

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Everything this sensitive gentleman touches is gold:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Sefyu is actually talented:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Beat 2 Boul (ok pretty old):

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Booba the french 50 cents (so funny + he says "suck me in my Lambo without making a mess" or "what's important is to win not to participate" the macho posturing is A++ funny):

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Hipster rap with homemade clip (guy is from TTC):

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Le klub des loosers (repping the ghetto of Versaille):

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Trying to find the one where they're like "t'as vu ma chaÃ
00ae.png
ne en or, elle est en or mec!" (have you see my gold chain, it's made of gold, dude!) which is the best line ever.

Prince

Reaction score

My favourite track.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads