• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Cuff Shirt At Work

Irv

Reaction score
I was on 'another' forum the other day and the topic was raised as to how many men wear French cuff shirts to their workplace.

In Australia, more and more men are wearing French cuff shirts in the workplace and they are no longer kept strictly for formalwear.

I have a desk job and often find the cuffs & cufflinks a little annoying when tapping away at the keyboard doing my work (or posting on SF).

I'm interested in the SF members opinion on the matter?

aleeboy

Reaction score
Agreed. In Sydney, particularly around Martin Place, there are a lot of guys wearing french cuff shirts. I personally don't like them as they are a hassle to put on and take off. I alread have one annoying thing on in that area, my watch.

AJR Journal

Reaction score
If you like french cuffs, you will find a way to enjoy them.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost always wear french cuffs with suits, and very rarely wear them with odd jackets. That said, I'm one of very few younger guys in my office who wears french cuffs an any regular basis.

glowell222

Reaction score
I wear French Cuffs to work every day. Sometimes with a coat, sometimes without, sometimes with jeans. It's my little luxury and my little treat to myself and it has evolved into my style and look. Admittedly, sometimes the cuffs interfere with mouse action, but so be it. I'm pretty used to it now and had actually forgotten about it until reading this poll.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a grad student in a very geeky department. Before I was afraid of being overdressed. But after a while I realized that people don't care about what you wear anyway. So I start wearing things I like, and yes, I like French cuffs
bounce2.gif

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Usually wear FC's when wearing a suit, which is almost every day during the week.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rarely wear FC's in general. I'm actually more inclined to wear FC's when it's hot as I can just roll up the sleeves.

davidmross

Reaction score
I wear a suit and tie to work daily and 90% of my shirts are double cuff.

Curiously, it tends to scare the hell out of my co-workers.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davidmross
I wear a suit and tie to work daily and 90% of my shirts are double cuff.

Curiously, it tends to scare the hell out of my co-workers.

Nice! Mine too!
devil.gif

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've pretty much given up on french cuffs as the whole affair just seem a little too anal for me. Furthermore, it seems to be the cornerstone fashion must-have for the KC crowd, along with an overly ambitious windsor knot.

If I want something fancy, I would take out my cocktail cuffs instead: easy to roll, no losing links, no hassle in the morning.

DoubleDomer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
I've pretty much given up on french cuffs as the whole affair just seem a little too anal for me. Furthermore, it seems to be the cornerstone fashion must-have for the KC crowd, along with an overly ambitious windsor knot.

Most of the time I wear what I want to wear regardless of what the fashion trend is. This includes cufflinks. Now, gaudy links are a whole 'nother story.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
too much hassale, only would wear it if I am in the mood.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
too much hassale, only would wear it if I am in the mood.

Come on clee, everything we discuss on this forum is a pain **********. The perfect break in our trousers, just the right amount of cuff showing, stripping shoes down to the raw to re-polish, the perfect fitting suit, the dimple knot in our ties etc. etc....... Cufflinks are easy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads