French cooking at the inaugural luncheon?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I quote: "The guests will be treated to a first course of scalloped crab and lobster followed by a second course of roasted Missouri quail with huckleberry glaze, chestnuts and brined root vegetables. For dessert? Steamed lemon pudding or apple wild cherry compote. " French or at least French inspired. I think Ms. Rice must have choked on the meal. With a name like Rolf Stroeh, could the chef be Swiss? [​IMG]

2. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

Last night on Saturday Night Live, Will Forte as President Bush described creme brulee to his daughters as "freedom pudding" (I apologize for the lack of accent marks).

3. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

crème brûlÃ[​IMG]e. I can do them on my Mac at home, but it won't work on my PC at work.

Poor dear Jefferson, he who did so much for French cooking in the US...

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I'm not going down this path again, but Fabienne, I like your new signature, if only everyone purchased items that way, not just clothes, alas... Jon. BTW: I am on a PC, and can post 'crème brûlÃ[​IMG]e' without a problem. Try using MS Word's Symbols option.

5. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Yes. Sometimes, I wonder how people can leave their garage door open for everyone to see how little restraint they have... [​IMG] What do you do for an accent aigu, for instance? If I do control + apostrophe, it doesn't work.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Like I said, I just utilize the "˜symbol' option from the "˜Insert' menu in Microsoft Word. I am sure there are shortcuts via the keyboard, but since I rarely need to make use of them, I have no idea what they are. Jon.

7. ViroBono

ViroBono Senior member

Surely Dubya would have been happier with ribs 'n' beer? [​IMG]