• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free sniping program?

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to win a non-clothing related ebay item and want to know if anyone knows of or can recommend a sniping program?

Thanks a bunch for any help.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gixen is the best I've found. Look it up on google.

Gixen is a true sniping service since you don't have to be online when your bid is entered.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Gixen is the best I've found. Look it up on google.

Gixen is a true sniping service since you don't have to be online when your bid is entered.

I was just reading a thread you started about sniping and this program. The auction I am bidding on has a few hours to go so I shall run home and set this up....Thanks again for the forums help.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am loyal to esnipe.com, though it is not free. Still, I am more than happy to pony up the small fees the site charges for not having to worry about watching auctions and being near my computer when they end.

EDIT: Esnipe also offers a free two-week trial membership:

https://esnipe10.esnipe.com/NewMemberSimple/

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ericmelton
jbidwatcher has worked well for me.

jbidwatcher is good and I've used it too.

But you must be online to have your bid entered as opposed to gixen.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
auctionsniper.com works well; there's only a charge (and a minimal one at that) if you win the auction

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- I use gixen but you have to be careful if you are bidding on ebay.uk as it bids is local currency (pounds) not dollars. Also, it gets squirrelly if you set up your bid in the last 2 minutes.
- I've used jbidwatcher for many years but grew frustrated with incompatability issues. It stops working sometimes and it can take a long time to fix. Also, if my laptop goes hibernate, I'm done. I think the bidding interface is a little richer than gixen though.

Outtastyle

Reaction score
Auctionsniper and, I would assume, any other such services, do require both ebay user ID AND password, for obvious reasons. Even though they claim that such info. is handled with the 'utmost security', that certainly sounds like a lost-or-stolen-info debacle waiting to happen.....

Imagine watching the screen....as 300 new e-mail messages pour in: ' Congratulations - YOU WON on Ebay! '

Still....one must live somewhat-dangerously in the 'e-age', I suppose....

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Outtastyle
Auctionsniper and, I would assume, any other such services, do require both ebay user ID AND password, for obvious reasons. Even though they claim that such info. is handled with the 'utmost security', that certainly sounds like a lost-or-stolen-info debacle waiting to happen.....

Imagine watching the screen....as 300 new e-mail messages pour in: ' Congratulations - YOU WON on Ebay! '

Still....one must live somewhat-dangerously in the 'e-age', I suppose....

Good point. That is why I change my eBay and paypal password periodically.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads