• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free pea coat to someone who needs it

CriticalFish

Reaction score
In resposne to the last few comments about donating to salvation army, etc., I agree. I will take that course of action instead.

I was selling this coat a while back but it didn't work out. It's a nice coat, pictures don't do it justice. Very heavy.

Anyhow, it's free to anyone who really needs a coat but doesn't have the money to buy one. Or if you know someone who needs a warm coat for winter that would work too.

I will ship it to you by FedEx Ground free of charge.

Authentic Pea Coat (Tag says 38)
-Meausure: 19" across the back, 32" collar to bottom, 39" chest
-I believe this coat to be from around 1956, but possibly WWII.
-Purchased from the Ralph Lauren store in BH about 8 years ago. It was a vintage (non RL) item they were selling out of the back.
-Extremely heavy, weights about 6lbs.
-Lining has one or two small tears in it, has been mended in the past
-In remarkably good condition considering its age
-Tag says "Manufactured for Naval Clothing Depot" also has a contract number and someone's name in it.
-Inside of pockets lined with cordory
-The top two buttons on either side under lapel are missing, can be readily replaced

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was actually looking at buying this coat, but I don't think winters in Texas are cold enough for a six-pound coat.

Props for generosity.

shortshorts

Reaction score
Wow that's a pretty cool thing to do. Shame i'm in the UK, I'd be interested otherwise, I need a smartish coat/jacket type thing to wear when I spend the day at GPs (i'm a med student, I'm not constantly ill!) Currently I wear a black jumper over a shirt & tie, I feel like a school kid it's ridiculous.
frown.gif

e23

Reaction score
great gesture, why don't you donate it to someone though? Maybe at a shelter?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's a good one.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho
I was actually looking at buying this coat, but I don't think winters in Texas are cold enough for a six-pound coat. Props for generosity.
I'm playing croquet wearing a polo today.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another very kind gesture.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll take this coat.. i'll be going to college soon (somewhere in the northeast area, not sure cause letters arent back yet haha)
I could def use it as tuition is
frown.gif

lmk, if there's someone that needs it more than me that's fine too. (i might go to a backup school in california, no need for it then)

TAP

Reaction score
That's a great gesture. What a way to start off the NEW YEAR!

I agree with the others. Donating it to your local shelter would be a great idea or even your local boys/girls club. They probably have a young adult who is trying to make something out of himself, can't afford to buy a decent coat for interviews, work, etc and could use it.

fing02[1].gif
My Hats off to you!

playdohh22

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads