• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FREE Harris Tweed, c. 38. 40. PLUS $20 CONUS (or offer) Harris Tweed, c. 42, 44L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two Harris tweeds up for grabs! :)

1) FREE Chestnut barleycorn Harris Tweed

Made for Springfield, IL.'s trad store Jim Herron, this lovely dark brown chestnut Harris Tweed in the increasingly rare barleycorn weave is half-canvassed and half-lined. It has a single vent, and features the classic metal-shanked football buttons that go so well with tweed. It was Made in the USA. This jacket has some minor wear at the top of one of the interior pockets, and has undergone a small professional re-weaving on one sleeve;this can't really be seen, and I only detected it by checking for re-woven areas by brushing my fingertips lightly over the whole of the jacket. (Re-woven areas feel denser than the original tweed.) But, it is there, and so needs to be mentioned! It alsohas a professioanl interior patch to the lining, as shown. Given these flaws this jacket is in Very Good condition, and so I'm

asking just $12 to cover shipping costs!

Measurements:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 23 (+ 1 3/4)
Shoulder: 18
Length: 30 1/4

Reweave:

2) WONDERFUL Harris Tweed from B&J Toggery, Springfield, IL!

This has a very small hole in the front, which I discovered while packing it--so it sold for $12!

This is a wonderful Harris tweed! Cut from versatile tan herringbone, this is very subtly striped in dusty rose pink and light blue. This is half-canvassed and fully lined, and features leather-covered metal-shanked buttons. It was made for B&J Toggery, of Springfield, IL. It also has a single vent, and was Made in the USA. It's in absolutely excellent condition.

Asking just $28 > $24 > 20, or offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 26 1/4 (+ 1 3/4)
Shoulder: 19 1/4
Length: 32 3/4

Attachments

Last edited:

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BOTH SOLD!