• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free H. Freeman Suit for a 40-41R

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Earthmover was nice enough to hook me up with some free ties, I figure I will keep the good karma flowing with a free item of my own (catch - you have to pay $10 shipping in the US, more for Int'l). I have up for grabs a custom H. Freeman suit. 6x2 double breasted, higher stance, double vented, and fully canvassed. It is done in dark charcoal gray flannel with a faint herringbone pattern, and also has pinstripes of subtle blue-green and dark red (the red and green form a double stripe with about 1/20" space inbetween, and the double stripes are spaced about an inch apart). Pants are flat front and cuffed. Sleeves have real nice striped lining. I will post pics later (unless there is immediate interest) but for now here are the measurements: Jacket: Chest: 43" Shoulders: 19" Sleeves: 25.5" from shoulder to end of sleeve Length: 31.5" Pants Waist: 38" (you may need to have this tailored) Inseam: 30.5" with maybe a half inch to let out, or 2.5" if cuffs are let out Outseam: 42" PM me if you are interested.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blast it too, large for me
smile.gif

Good show, VM. Bump!

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will fit like a sack on me.
frown.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new caveat to the winning forum member - you must post a picture of yourself wearing the suit, just so we all know how the StyleForum crew rolls.
smile.gif

Bonus points if the winner has two to six lovely accoutrements at his side, ala Connemara.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM sent. Sounds like a good fit for me
smile.gif
edit: I will do my best to find some accoutrements for a photo but it may be hard to find that many blondes here in Japan.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
PM sent. Sounds like a good fit for me
smile.gif

edit: I will do my best to find some accoutrements for a photo but it may be hard to find that many blondes here in Japan.

Oh, that is ok. We will accept non-blondes also
devil.gif

Earthmover

Reaction score
4 non-blondes?

Versaceman, aren't you overreacting a bit to the ties? I mean, there weren't even free, really. What a nice gesture, though. I hope it's a perfect fit to whomever ends up with it!

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
4 non-blondes?

Versaceman, aren't you overreacting a bit to the ties? I mean, there weren't even free, really. What a nice gesture, though. I hope it's a perfect fit to whomever ends up with it!

Not at all - don't worry. I just had this suit sitting in my closet, intended to have it tailored to my measurements a loooong time ago, and recently realized I probably wouldn't wear it. I'd rather see it go to a good home.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Alter was the first to PM, so the suit is his, unless he has second thoughts.

I've got some other items to unload as well - stay tuned.

If you're a 40r like I'm supposing, consider me tuned.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're not the only one
smile.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Original winner backed out of the sale, I PM'd the second person that messaged me about the suit, but have not heard back in a few days. I will give him another day or two and then put it back up for offer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads