1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Free H. Freeman Suit for a 40-41R

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by VMan, Jun 30, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

Since Earthmover was nice enough to hook me up with some free ties, I figure I will keep the good karma flowing with a free item of my own (catch - you have to pay $10 shipping in the US, more for Int'l). I have up for grabs a custom H. Freeman suit. 6x2 double breasted, higher stance, double vented, and fully canvassed. It is done in dark charcoal gray flannel with a faint herringbone pattern, and also has pinstripes of subtle blue-green and dark red (the red and green form a double stripe with about 1/20" space inbetween, and the double stripes are spaced about an inch apart). Pants are flat front and cuffed. Sleeves have real nice striped lining. I will post pics later (unless there is immediate interest) but for now here are the measurements: Jacket: Chest: 43" Shoulders: 19" Sleeves: 25.5" from shoulder to end of sleeve Length: 31.5" Pants Waist: 38" (you may need to have this tailored) Inseam: 30.5" with maybe a half inch to let out, or 2.5" if cuffs are let out Outseam: 42" PM me if you are interested.

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Blast it too, large for me [​IMG]
    Good show, VM. Bump!

3. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I'm close, but tis a bit too large in the waist and short on the inseam for me. Still, thanks for making it available.

4. Flame

Flame Senior member

It will fit like a sack on me. [​IMG]

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

A new caveat to the winning forum member - you must post a picture of yourself wearing the suit, just so we all know how the StyleForum crew rolls. [​IMG]

Bonus points if the winner has two to six lovely accoutrements at his side, ala Connemara.

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

PM sent. Sounds like a good fit for me [​IMG] edit: I will do my best to find some accoutrements for a photo but it may be hard to find that many blondes here in Japan.

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

PM sent. Sounds like a good fit for me [​IMG]

edit: I will do my best to find some accoutrements for a photo but it may be hard to find that many blondes here in Japan.

Oh, that is ok. We will accept non-blondes also [​IMG]

8. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

4 non-blondes?

Versaceman, aren't you overreacting a bit to the ties? I mean, there weren't even free, really. What a nice gesture, though. I hope it's a perfect fit to whomever ends up with it!

9. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

4 non-blondes?

Versaceman, aren't you overreacting a bit to the ties? I mean, there weren't even free, really. What a nice gesture, though. I hope it's a perfect fit to whomever ends up with it!

Not at all - don't worry. I just had this suit sitting in my closet, intended to have it tailored to my measurements a loooong time ago, and recently realized I probably wouldn't wear it. I'd rather see it go to a good home.

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

Alter was the first to PM, so the suit is his, unless he has second thoughts.

I've got some other items to unload as well - stay tuned.

12. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Alter was the first to PM, so the suit is his, unless he has second thoughts.

I've got some other items to unload as well - stay tuned.

If you're a 40r like I'm supposing, consider me tuned.

13. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

You're not the only one [​IMG]

14. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

Original winner backed out of the sale, I PM'd the second person that messaged me about the suit, but have not heard back in a few days. I will give him another day or two and then put it back up for offer.