Free Conne!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arethusa, Jun 20, 2007.

1. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

I'd be happy to see ernest back. Connemara was New Coke to his Classic.

I feel like new Tab might be a better metaphor given the whole, you know, gay vibe...

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

I feel like new Tab might be a better metaphor given the whole, you know, gay vibe...

Tab is gay? Say it ain't so.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Yeah, but I dare anybody to claim that if it was a picture of Black people hanging the controversy or hubbub or whatever would not have been 1000000x greater.

Still, I am all for freeing Conne. God knows why.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, It was THAT picture that got him banned. Lol. I don't see what the big deal is. The picture of him striking a pose in his briefs was much more disturbing.

4. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, It was THAT picture that got him banned. Lol. I don't see what the big deal is. The picture of him striking a pose in his briefs was much more disturbing.

I find it disturbing that he appears to have really stumpy legs. Creepy.

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

There's a restaurant in a town in eastern New Mexico that has a picture, just after his hanging, of outlaw Tom Ketchum's decapitated head. It's hung in the dining room.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Dude, you just don't post pictures of hanging jews within the context of collection and decorating with "hangers."

That shit is just *way* over the line. You can't allow that kind of stuff to exist on the main forum. There are places on the net for ridiculously black humor to exist, but throwing that out in the open in an otherwise completely harmless thread is seriously offensive to a lot of people.

I like Conne and I'd like to see him back, too, but it was completely tasteless and he needs to learn where the line is.

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Dude, you just don't post pictures of hanging jews within the context of collection and decorating with "hangers."

That shit is just *way* over the line. You can't allow that kind of stuff to exist on the main forum. There are places on the net for ridiculously black humor to exist, but throwing that out in the open in an otherwise completely harmless thread is seriously offensive to a lot of people.

I like Conne and I'd like to see him back, too, but it was completely tasteless and he needs to learn where the line is.

+1 He posted that in a thread about hangers? Pretty disgusting. He should be banned for a little while. If he wasn't, he or other posters might push the boundaries even more (yes, the old slippery slope argument, which I think is appropriate here)

8. romafan

romafan Senior member

Yeah, but I dare anybody to claim that if it was a picture of Black people hanging the controversy or hubbub or whatever would not have been 1000000x greater.

Still, I am all for freeing Conne. God knows why.

How did people know they were Jewish? Did they have the yellow SODs on their clothes, or were all the men circumcised? [​IMG]

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

If there's talk about resurrecting the banned, there is only one choice to make: vanity.

[​IMG]

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

How did people know they were Jewish? Did they have the yellow SODs on their clothes, or were all the men circumcised? [​IMG]
    no, IIRC they were all dressed in pretty tradional Jewish clothing.

11. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

If we truly want to honor Conne Sands' memory, it should be an undemocratic terror campaign that kills hundreds of innocent forum members instead of a petition.

Yeah, or maybe you could keep us posted on the waxing and waning fortunes of obscure Irish political organizations in his memory. The more morally bankrupt, the better.

12. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Would all the members seeking Conne's return also welcome ernest back with open arms? Because that seems to be the closest analogue.

I thought Ernest was allowed to come back but he declined.

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

I thought Ernest was allowed to come back but he declined.

Why, was it for farmer?

14. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Billie Holiday - "Strange Fruit".

Her signature song. I think it was written by a Jew.